Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
ldj1002

Default Title help in TX

In TX you can get a bonded title, I have got several and each time it is more hoops to jump through. Went yesterday to start another and more fees are involved along with inspection by Heart of Texas Auto Theft Task Force. That is a $40.00 fee if you take it to DVM.

My truck VIN isn't on record with DVM as being owned by anyone and has a TX 1963 license plate that isn't on record

Now my question. There is a provision to have a tax collector hearing. I have heard some county tax collectors won't do that and make you get a bonded title. Since that provision is law wouldn't they have to do a hearing? Now I know the hearing could take place and tax collector could say you don't have enough info and deny title making you get bonded. Shouldn't they be made to have a hearing?
ldj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:46 AM   #2
racer32

Default Re: Title help in TX

You'd think so. AFAIK, none of the County Tax Assessor/Collectors are actually doing these hearings. In my county, it's go bonded or go home. What's crappy is that the minimum value now for bonding is $4000.
racer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
rotorwrench

The hearing is only if you have verbal evidence from previous owners if I remember correctly. If you have no documents or previous owners with registration documents then there is no basis for a hearing. If you know a judge in the state of Texas then you can get a legal document in the form of a judgement as to the ownership of property in the state and that could be used in a hearing but the hearings are informal and if they don't like you, you are up the creek with no paddle.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
ldj1002

My county denied me a Tax Collectors Hearing. I called my state representative office and he said let me look into it and I'll get back. In less than 24hr. he contacted me and said they will give you a Tax Collectors Hearing. He also said when you start to do it if you have any problems to call me. It will be a couple weeks before I can get VIN inspection and then I'll go tell then I want a hearing and see what happens
ldj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote