Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #41
mercman from oz

Default Re: The Early Ford V8 Club of America - Application Form.

Very early Double Cover - V8 Times November/December 1968.
The V8 Times is a great magazine to reads. Make sure you join the Early Ford V8 Club of America, you won't be disappointed.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:57 PM   #42
nelsb01

FYI............
The last genteman pushing the 1935 Convertible Sedan is former V-8 TIMES editor and Grease Pit Poet, Bob McCoppin.
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:36 PM   #43
mercman from oz

V-8 Times Complimentary Issue - Happy Holidays!
As posted by Joeyv

During this holiday season the Early Ford V8 Club of America is pleased to offer a complimentary copy of the digital November/December issue of the award-winning V-8 Times Magazine. It is available right now. You can access the magazine by clicking on this link: https://issuu.com/wheelsm777/docs/nov.dec.2021v8times , or you can copy the link and paste it into your internet browser.

When you access the digital magazine, you will see icons on the lower right that will allow you to “Zoom in” on the page, or “Find” something in the magazine. Click on the left or right arrows or use the bar at the bottom of the screen to turn the magazine’s pages. We hope you enjoy the V-8 Times Magazine!

If you read this complimentary issue of the V-8 Times and wish to continue to receive the V-8 Times, go to the Early Ford V8 Club website: https://www.earlyfordv8.org. From the website’s homepage, click on the “membership” tab on the left side for information on how to become a member and continue to receive the magazine.

The Early Ford V8 Club wishes you all a Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Healthy New Year
!
Old 12-22-2021, 05:02 PM   #44
mercman from oz

Hi V8 friends, Regarding the Complimentary Issue of V8 Times with Link in the above Post, you can now chose a more economical way to get V8 Times.
A digital copy annual membership is available for US$30 worldwide for those willing to forego the hard copy.
V8 Times is a great magazine, and I would encourage all V8's to take up Membership in the Early Ford V8 Club of America.
For the first time, you have a choice. Regards Mercman <><
Old 12-23-2021, 12:12 AM   #45
Pat's Ride

Thanks for posting the link. I've been looking through the magazine and see that the cars appear to be stock. My '38 retains the original 85 HP drivetrain but it is hopped up a little bit with a rebuild, dual 97 Strombergs and a few modern upgrades like electric fan, fuel pump and distributor.

I'm interested in joining but wonder if my '38 would be welcomed at the events or if it's more for stock vehicles.

What do the more knowledgeable owners say? Thanks in advance. ~Pat
Pat's Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #46
nelsb01

Hello Pat's Ride:
A definition of a Club is a group of people who get together with a common interest. No where does it say that you have to own anything.
Now, with that said, I can tell you that if you decide to join (and we hope you do) that you will not be the only one who has worked on their vehicle to make it their own. There are many others who also have made upgrades to their Ford vehicles that are members. The Club has recognized that and has added the Touring, Touring A and Display classes for those such vehicles.
While the premise of the Club is to "preserve and authentically maintain vehicles manufactured by the Ford Motor Company for the model years 1932 through 1953 inclusive (and 1954 for Canadian), and to serve as an accurate and technical source of information concerning these automobiles for the benefit of its members as well as the general public" the Club has adapted to those that want to make some changes.
Hope this clarifies your inquiry.

And as others will say -- it's the best magazine anywhere and worth the price of membership.
Happy Holidays!
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 11:35 AM   #47
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat's Ride View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I've been looking through the magazine and see that the cars appear to be stock. My '38 retains the original 85 HP drivetrain but it is hopped up a little bit with a rebuild, dual 97 Strombergs and a few modern upgrades like electric fan, fuel pump and distributor.

I'm interested in joining but wonder if my '38 would be welcomed at the events or if it's more for stock vehicles.

What do the more knowledgeable owners say? Thanks in advance. ~Pat
Pat, you and your car would be most welcomed in the Early Ford V-8 Club. Many of our members own cars that are not 100% original and have some modifications like your '38 has. Would be great to meet you and see your car at a future EFV-8 Club event.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 11:25 PM   #48
Pat's Ride

Thanks for the response guys! I'm going to sign up over the weekend and give it a go.

Pat
Old 12-24-2021, 06:08 PM   #49
mercman from oz

Have you taken up the generous offer from the Early Ford V8 Club of America who offer a complimentary copy of the digital November/December issue of the award-winning V-8 Times Magazine, cover of which is above.
You can access the magazine by clicking on this link: https://issuu.com/wheelsm777/docs/nov.dec.2021v8times
Old 12-26-2021, 05:03 PM   #50
Flathead Dave

Just joined.
Old 12-26-2021, 09:21 PM   #51
Pat's Ride

Just signed up also...

Pat
Old 12-26-2021, 11:55 PM   #52
aussie merc

high and for all those downunder dont forget the local early ford V8 clubs The NSW one is great[member] and the VIC and QLD ones also have good numbers and are as active as can be in the current times
aussie merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:35 PM   #53
Anteek29

Have not received my Nov-Dec issue here in CA!
1955 Victoria
Anteek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #54
TJ

Quote:
Just signed up also...

Pat
Pat, since you reside in NW Indiana you might want to take a ride over to Auburn, Indiana and visit the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum. Lots of great stuff to see at the museum.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:47 PM   #55
Pat's Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Pat, since you reside in NW Indiana you might want to take a ride over to Auburn, Indiana and visit the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum. Lots of great stuff to see at the museum.
Yes that is on my to do list. I have a couple of items to do to my '38 to ensure reliability then I want to make a couple day trip of it.

Thanks!
Pat
Old 01-04-2022, 08:32 PM   #56
Anteek29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteek29 View Post
Have not received my Nov-Dec issue here in CA!
That last year's issue finally arrived here today!
1955 Victoria
Anteek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:07 PM   #57
mercman from oz

The Early Ford V8 Club of America is pleased to offer a complimentary copy of the digital November/December issue of the award-winning V-8 Times Magazine. It is available right now. You can access the magazine by clicking on this link: https://issuu.com/wheelsm777/docs/nov.dec.2021v8times , or you can copy the link and paste it into your internet browser.

When you access the digital magazine, you will see icons on the lower right that will allow you to “Zoom in” on the page, or “Find” something in the magazine. Click on the left or right arrows or use the bar at the bottom of the screen to turn the magazine’s pages. We hope you enjoy the V-8 Times Magazine!

If you read this complimentary issue of the V-8 Times and wish to continue to receive the V-8 Times, go to the Early Ford V8 Club website: https://www.earlyfordv8.org. From the website’s homepage, click on the “membership” tab on the left side for information on how to become a member and continue to receive the magazine.

Have you checked it out yet?

Old 01-14-2022, 11:19 PM   #58
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Yes that is on my to do list. I have a couple of items to do to my '38 to ensure reliability then I want to make a couple day trip of it.

Thanks!
Pat
Anyone who appreciates Early Ford Flathead powered V-8's will definitely enjoy visiting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 01:52 AM   #59
koates

Beginning to wonder if it is worthwhile still being an overseas member of the EFV8CLUB USA., The cost to me is at least double that of USA members. I still dont have my paper copy of the NOV/DEC 2021 issue of the magazine at it is now mid January 2022. Yes I have seen the electronic copy but would much rather read the REAL copy. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:55 PM   #60
mercman from oz

January/February 2022 V8 Times Cover.