Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-07-2018, 05:58 PM   #21
cas3

Default Re: OT computer question for the wizzards

interesting follow up from verizon this afternoon. first, after my excitement this morning, i noticed it would work about 9 out of 10 times, then be very slow on one or two, then work good again. better than nothing i thought. then, verizon called me on the phone, while i was on line. he said they could find nothing wrong, and wanted to know if its working yet. i said yes, i am on now. so he could get in and track every click, or "redirect" they call it, and see the data connect. i made about 30 redirects clicking on different posts on the barn, all lightning quick, and then switched to the hamb, several more redirects on posts there, and then back to the barn,and on that click it stumbled. sat there thinking for quite a while, meanwhile he is watching the data. he said atomic apparently used to use a yahoo cloud, and now has bought more cloud space from amazon. the delay was my request leaving one cloud and going to the other. he had no explanation for it, but i was amazed that he could watch all this. the modern world i tell ya! ok, its working, no more jibberish, thanks, skip
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #22
Ronnie

I had troubles not getting on to the server. My service provider said all the difficulty was,On the connection end and not at my end.I was informed that I had to contact the barn with my concerns. I couldn't get on with any browser from any of the three computers at my disposal. I phoned my son in law and he could get on the barn,he sent them an e mail request from the contact us button. He told them he couldn't get on the server and used my e mail and name for a follow up when they contacted me I via e mail I was then able to communicate with them. A long story short they requested my IP address and a few hours later the eagle had landed and all is as it should be. I will give a shout out for the webmaster who got it fixed. That is my 2¢ .
That was 2 days ago.

R
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #23
RobR'35

Same trouble here for the last few days.
All of a sudden it's working today.
RobR'35 is offline   Reply With Quote