Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
skeazle

Default Leaky Zenith carb.

I got back from a nice easy ride in my 1930 Tudor sedan last week and the next day when I went out in the garage the smell of gas was over bearing. I looked underneath the car and there was a puddle of gas on the floor. Sure enough I noticed gas dripping from the carb. I tightened the bolt on the front by the bowl a little and I snugged up on both bolts on the bottom a little each. I thought that solved the problem but it still has a drip and I guess there is only one place left it can be at the big gasket that separates the two halves. Can I take the carb apart there just to put a new gasket on without disturbing anything else like jets and float etc.? It runs so good now and I would hate for it to get messed up by me tearing it apart. I just ordered a Zenith carb kit from Snyder's so I could get that big gasket. Yes I did shut the gas off when I parked it. Plus along with the gas leak there is an oil leak up front somewhere on the right side of the engine between the fan and the carb. I thought it might be that tube but the bolt wasn't loose on that. I checked the oil pan bolts and they were all snug. Any ideas? thanks, Jim
skeazle is offline   Reply With Quote