Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-16-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
Ronnieroadster

Default Converted GM three speed to fit Early Ford chassis

City: Wallingford
State: CT
Price: 1500.00

This 1956 3 speed GM Saginaw transmission used in V-8 powered passenger and Corvettes cars has been completely converted so it can replace the early Ford transmission. The front bell housing is from the F-1 Ford heavy duty 3 speed with the correct pattern to bolt to any early Ford flathead. The input shaft has the correct pilot diameter to fit the Ford bushing in the flywheel the input shaft has 10 splines 1-1/8 diameter included is a new 10-1/2 inch clutch disk. The snout has been converted for the stock early Ford throw-out bearing. The rear mount on the case is for a 32 chassis however the stock bolt pattern will allow the use of any Ford rear mount with legs so it can be mounted to other Ford chassis application's when changed.
The transmission output shaft was converted for the Ford 6 spline universal joint and the rear has the correct bell and mount so the torque tube will bolt right up the stock Ford universal joint which is included. The overall transmission length match's the original Ford transmission exactly. The Indy shifter and linkage move the gears easily. The gear ratios are listed inside the bell housing 250 in first and 150 in second and of course third which is 1 to 1. Also included is the emergency brake handle mount on the right side of the case.
Overall if your looking for a very strong replacement transmission that will fit the original space of the stock Ford three speed perfectly without moving the engine this will do it. Competing at TROG ,Pine Tree Jamboree, or just having fun side stepping the clutch this transmission will take more abuse than the early Ford three speed for sure.
I learned this conversion was being done by a fellow from upstate New York at one time he did many of them years ago here's one that's ready to go.
If you would like more pictures info or would like to talk to me about this please send me a PM. I'm asking $1500.00 The cost to ship if not picked up is unknown but arrangement's can be made if shipping is required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0637.jpg (33.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0636.jpg (31.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0635.jpg (31.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0634.jpg (31.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0633.jpg (31.6 KB, 33 views)
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote