Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > The Test Forum

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-17-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
49fordv8f4

Default Photo Test

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...1&d=1605650570
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06996 (640x344).jpg (195.8 KB, 26 views)
49fordv8f4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
jimalabam

Default Re: Photo Test

Worked great...
jimalabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
49fordv8f4

Thank you
Old 11-19-2020, 01:32 AM   #4
mercman from oz

Looking good.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
49fordv8f4

Thank you Mercman. How do I enlarge the photos like you did with mine?
Thanks, Mark
Old 11-20-2020, 12:53 AM   #6
mercman from oz

Hi Mark, Thanks for the compliment. You added a good photo that I could enlarge. If you want to add enlarged photo to Ford Barn, the Small Photo must remain. If you look at my Test Forum, you will see all my small photos. From there, I go to the actual Thread that you want to add the photo to and add the large photo. Not too many people add large photos. This is what I sent another Ford Barner who enquired. Let me know how your get on. Regards Trevor <><

Enlarging Photos on Ford Barn

Hi there, This is what I passed onto a previous Fordbarner. It works for me. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Regards Trevor <><
My hints on enlarging pictures. If there is a small picture attached in someone’s Post that you want to enlarge, you click onto the picture & make it larger, which is how you view these small pictures. Click onto it again, & it will appear as a stand-alone picture on your screen. Right Click onto this stand-alone picture & click onto the bottom line of the drop down box which reads Properties or in my case '"Inspect Element".
When you do this, on the right side of screen something will come up Fordbarn etc, etc. which is highlighted in Blue. Click onto this blue line & "Copy". I then “Paste” this line onto a new email which I open up ready for this function. (the advantage of 2 screens). What you have to do now is shorten this down. Delete everything before the http including the ". Then, at the back end, delete the > & " leaving the last 10 numbers. If you hit the bottom tab, it will turn this line Blue. This is all done on a new email which you just use for this purpose. You do not send this email. Now, you can go back to Ford Barn & the site where you want to add this large photo. Click onto Post Reply and a new Box will open up for you to add your Pictures and Comments. On the top of the Space where you type the message, you will see a yellow box on the right that looks like it has 2 mountains? Click onto this Box & a new window will pop up. Delete the http etc, Copy & Paste the Line that you saved in the new email, then hit OK. Click onto “Preview Post” to view the large picture. (Sometimes, you have to add some words for the picture to show?) You will see the large picture. All you then have to do is type in what you want to say & hit Submit Message. Now, if you want to add a brand new picture from your Files, in my Computer, I get 5 Size options. Don’t go Full-size, as original pictures are just too big & the system can’t handle it. I click onto “Large” & add it to an email. When my Email opens up, I simply drag the Picture to my Screen, & it shows as a Thumbnail. I then go to my “Test Forum” and click onto Post Reply. I then click onto “Manage Attachments” and a new Window Box will appear. I then drag the Thumbnail Picture to this Box, which allows 7 pictures and hit Upload. To get the small pictures to appear, you will have to add a few words. You can then Post these Small Pictures in your Text Photos section. Now that you have these Small Photos saved, you then need to follow what I wrote at the top of these instructions. I have 8 Pages of Test Posts. When I started out, I had both small and large pictures, but these days, you will only see small pictures in my Test Photos Post. From this Forum, I then transfer large pictures to the Forum and Topic that I want. It is that simple? Actually, it may seem complicated to start with, but it does get easier the more you use it. I hope all this make sense?
Regards Mercman <><
Old 11-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #7
49fordv8f4

Failed, I will have to try again.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #8
mercman from oz

Mark, Don't give up? Regards Trevor <><