Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:37 AM   #41
Patrick L.

Default Re: Don't mind me,, just a rant about drivers..

Bob,, LOL !! It might be a bit upsetting to have coffee in the Gold Cup.. I wonder what you would clean it with,, dish soap or Hoppe's ??
Old 08-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #42
Stinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by therupperts View Post
You can fix a lot of stuff - Stupid isn't one of them.
Agreed!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #43
Terry, NJ

I'm a Paleo-conservative/Libertarian and I think larry's comments don't go far enough! I have too many pet peeves to list them all here. Part of the reason that I'm leaving N.J. is the liberal ideas have been carried to such an extreme here that NJ is a liberal's Train Wreck. the taxes are so high to support the authoritarianism and the corruption that invariably goes hand in hand with it. No one likes it here, no one would willingly move here. We all move away if it were possible. NJ ls a liberal cancer cell one the map of the US. Larry's 100% right! Don't shoot the messenger (s).
Terry
Old 08-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #44
Terry, NJ

If you ever come to New Jersey, Do yourself a favor and leave the Gold Cup at home. The second amendment's been all but abolished in NJ! I live near a Six Flags and Jackson Twnsp has been locking up many out of state visitors who have Legitimate CCPs from their home states. The metal detectors catch them at the gates. Furthermore, You won't see any rear window rifle racks in NJ. Guns have to be cased while traveling.
And you are only allowed to take them to a range or gunsmith and back, NO stops along the way. Not even coffee at a seven eleven! God! I want to get out olf here so bad!
Terry

[QUOTE=Patrick L.;53868]
Quote:
If that had happened in Texas there's a good chance that someone would have dusted his butt with a pump shotgun!

The baggy pant moron would wake up instantly and see the err in his ways ..... if he's still breathing.[end quote]

Thats funny,, I like that !! I think the place where that 'moron' would wake up would be very very warm !!
I usually have a Gold Cup tucked between the seats/cushions,but, the politicians would take them away from us if most of them had their way and I won't say what kind of politicians they are.. The problem is though that that 'punk' would only pick on an older defenseless lady,, like your mother or grandmother..
Boy, I'm surprised how far this one little post has gone.. OH, BTW, todays ride to the diner was cool, breezy and uneventful.. In other words it was very nice, until our local 'know it all' had to tell me the ownership history of my car.. It was especially nice to tell him how full of #$@* his was..But, I was polite about it.. Well, somewhat polite..
Old 08-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #45
Patrick L.

Terry, there is one couple that still loves Jersey.. They are one of the couples JoAnn and I hang around with during the winters in Key West and come May we head toward New York and they go to Jersey.. Most of our other friends[summer and winter] are conservatives or libertarians except for these two,, they are ultra liberal.. So to keep the peace we don't talk politics very often,, every now and again though I just can't resist seeing his face turn red, the veins pop out on his neck and hear him start yelling at everyone.. We all start laughing and he realizes too late hes been had,, he's easy.. He's a good friend and a good person,, his wife just smiles, she understands..
Old 08-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #46
Bob A.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
[QUOTE=Terry, NJ;54260]If you ever come to New Jersey, Do yourself a favor and leave the Gold Cup at home. The second amendment's been all but abolished in NJ! I live near a Six Flags and Jackson Twnsp has been locking up many out of state visitors who have Legitimate CCPs from their home states. The metal detectors catch them at the gates. Furthermore, You won't see any rear window rifle racks in NJ. Guns have to be cased while traveling.
And you are only allowed to take them to a range or gunsmith and back, NO stops along the way. Not even coffee at a seven eleven! God! I want to get out olf here so bad!
Terry

Terry ,don't forget the $1000 fine for each hollow point!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #47
Terry, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick L. View Post
Terry, there is one couple that still loves Jersey.. They are one of the couples JoAnn and I hang around with during the winters in Key West and come May we head toward New York and they go to Jersey.. Most of our other friends[summer and winter] are conservatives or libertarians except for these two,, they are ultra liberal.. So to keep the peace we don't talk politics very often,, every now and again though I just can't resist seeing his face turn red, the veins pop out on his neck and hear him start yelling at everyone.. We all start laughing and he realizes too late hes been had,, he's easy.. He's a good friend and a good person,, his wife just smiles, she understands..
I have a couple like that across the road. Nice people, good neighbors, good friends, But liberal Irish Democrats ! They definitely don't get it!
In their minds, there's no connection between the high taxes (That they just shrug off) and the excessive regulation and corruption. Of course they'd put the screws to any Republican, but look the other way when it's a Democrat. This fauning subservience to the "Do no wrong" democrats is one of the reasons we are where we are. Patrick, You wanna torque the guy up some time? Just comment what a great job Chris Christie is doing. He won't settle down for days!
Terry
Old 08-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #48
Patrick L.

Well Terry,, A mention of Gov. Christie is what turns his face red and the neck veins to pop out!! I thought all liberal Irish democrats lived in eastern Taxxachusetts.. There aren't too many of us conservative Irish republicans living in Upstate NY..
$1000 fine for hollow points !! Gee, I wonder what they would think of mine with the little X craved across each nose ??!!
I guess this is getting carried away,,sorry,, I'll try to refrain..
Old 08-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #49
Cob
Administrator

When political statements get posted it invites drama and it gets closed.

Guys - please - just stop with the politics and get back to cars.

Thanks,
Cob

Last edited by Cob; 08-02-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Closed Thread