Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Re: hot rod insurance

Hagerty insurance 800 922 4050 They let you drive your car for pleasure. Rick

Old 03-27-2005, 04:55 PM   #2

Default hot rod insurance

another season is looming !! where do we like to insure our cars ?? ( i want to drive mine more often than in the annual town parade.)

Old 03-28-2005, 07:02 AM   #3

must be nice to get insurance, no one will give me any cause im only 21. Have to be 25 before they will give me any. Going to have to get regular car insurance on my 40 I guess. That will probably be very expensive, but oh well, what you gonna do?

-Beecher

Old 03-28-2005, 09:00 AM   #4

Try State Farm - I have all of mine insured with them and have a nice stated value policy. They may be able to help you - IF you've been a good boy and not had any tickets recently!!!

PS: The car must also be garaged....

Old 03-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #5

I have insurance through AON Collector Car insurance and I got mine when I was 23. Liability of course, but unlimited miles and only $120 a year. Haven't had to file a claim yet so I can't comment on that. They have a website http://www.aoncollectorcar.com/

Most places like AAA told me I had to be 25 or gave me a 5000 mile/year limit. Regular car insurance is going to kill you. I was paying almost $3000 a year with statefarm. Just a heads up.

Robert

Old 03-28-2005, 11:49 AM   #6

Also, Try Grundy, I have found them good to deal with & thye have unlimited milage pleasure car insurance.

Butch

Old 03-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #7

I have had the old cars insured with J.C.Taylor for 25 years and price of insurance has been very competitve with others. I have quite a few cars and get a pretty large discount and check with other companies once in a while to compare prices. I never had a claim in the 25 years until hurricane Charlie came along. I had so much damage to properties that I didn't have time to dust the cars off and take a good look at them until 6 or 8 weeks ago. 7 of them had minor damage and the 35 roadster was next to two windows that blow glass in and damaged the top and scratched the one side. After I called an adjuster came out, in about a week sent a estiment of the damages and within another week a check came in the mail. The amount paid was more than fair for the damages. What more can I say, I'm happy with them. G.M.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #8

Sneed Robinson & Gerber. Reasonable price, no driving restrictions. I think that you must have a daily driver beside the hot rod. Even let my under 25 son drive with no $ penalty.