Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default More on Vapour Lock/Vapour Pressure

Reid Vapour Pressure [RVP], relating to New Zealand & other countries including the U.S.;

In the link you will find some very interesting info which, to me, concludes that the appearance of baffling hard starting or vapour lock could happen because of the seasonal fuel you have in your tank at that particular time.

With todays climate upheavals, the fuel suppliers must be spinning a roulette wheel. Very confusing!

Butane is the component controlling vapour pressure & therefore vapour lock. In the charts you will find there are no less than FOUR seasonal fuels.

<http://www.med.govt.nz/ers/oil_pet/f...513_152909>

Brian NZ

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: More on Vapour Lock/Vapour Pressure

Bring on the global warming! Refiners would only need to make one blend, eliminating any possibility of vapor lock.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Yes Doby they would need only one blend but your V8 might be under water when the ice caps melt

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

Try this experiment. Put a couple of ice cubes in a glass, then fill the glass to the brim with water or your favorite liquid. Don't drink any, just set it aside and let the ice cubes melt. If the glass overflows as the ice cubes are melting I'll pay you $100. Should the polar ice caps melt it won't affect sea level one iota.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

Yes I agree the water in the glass won't overflow but the Antartic ice is on land and it will run into the sea if it melts. I read somewhere that the ocean levels would rise

about 200 feet if all the ice melts.I think we are all too old to worry about it.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #6

This is not really on subject of vapour lock but if interested go to multiple search engine:

www.dogpile.com/ and type in "polar ice cap melting" . There is info there on the subject.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #7

I'm going to buy some ocean front property in the Ozarks, put up a pink stucco hotel, plant some palm trees and sit back and wait.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #8

Yes, just about anything can be found on the web. My advice is not to accept any arguments uncritically. There is precious little objective science published on this and other environmental subjects. Most of these people are linked by a common agenda that leads to the destruction of free markets and individual liberty.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #9

Doby: I'll come down and sit with you at your pink motel and we'll drink whatever is in the glasses before the ice cubes melt.I'll buy the drinks.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #10

I love these conversations about vapor lock and overheating.

Makes my day.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #11

Doby, you hit the nail on the head. First it was global cooling due to us horrible humans, whoops, that didn't work. So, now it's global warming. The moran leftists never quit trying to bring down America one way or another. That makes me vapor lock and therefore contributes to the original intent of the post. God Bless America.

DaveH

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #12

If that is the case, I am glad I live at 7000 feet elevation.

Newton