Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #21
Dave D

Default Re: Has any one had issues with Bradley Floor pans company ?

I had floor pans for the 35/36 on order for THREE years, in two of those years I talked to him in person at Hershey. In that time I heard every excuse in the book on why they hadn't shipped, finally in the beginning of the fourth year Paul called and said he had the pans, and quickly charged my credit card. A little over a YEAR after that I had still not received so much as a phone call and he was never available when I called him. It took a phone call to his secretary with a threat of reporting the "theft" to his local police before Paul would call back. I got a refund and never saw any product at all.

I have to say, Paul seems like a hell of a guy on the phone.....just don't do business with him unless you are AT his shop and the parts are in your hand!
Dave D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #22
jwwford

I order 39 ford floors got the frist ones for the front after 6 months have not receiver the rear ones samr story like every one else. I am looking for some else
jwwford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
donQ

I ordered floor pans from Paul and he had no 40 Ford pans in stock. He told me when he thought he'd be able to make a run of them since he was making 33/34 floors at the time. He was very personable and helpful. I had to wait a while, but he sent me the pans I needed. They were excellent. I'd recommend him based on my experience.
donQ
donQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
joel

My experience is similar to others as far as the wait, but I would use Pauls pans again. I would just allow more lead time. He is pretty much a 1 man band down there and I know ,from conversations we had, that he is always covered in work.
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #25
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree View Post
Wow, the floors look perfect!
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #26
37 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
Wow, the floors look perfect!
Perfect would be a one piece stamping with tunnel included. Bradley pans are okay but it is a shame no one else has ever come forward and stamped out the entire one piece,surely more of a market than repro China 40 coupes.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
Pete from OZ

Here are the floors we get in Australia , made by Waddingtons in Victoria. We recently fitted one into a 36 slantback. They are a real good item.
Pete from OZ

Pete from OZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #28
Ziffer

Got pans for my 33 Cabriolet from Bradley. Had to wait, but they were great quality. We can not expect everything overnight. The wait is a bother, but I'm glad that the is someone that I can get a QUALITY floor from.
Ziffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
Pete/Ct.

Just saw a seller on epay that advertises the 33-34 front section and a whole floor either stock or street rod. Stuff looks as good as Breadley and it looks like you can get immediate shipping. His selling name is 09-40. Pete/Ct.
Pete/Ct. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #30
Mike B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Pete, "Beware"? Come on, man! Nobody ever had a problem with the quality of the product, he's the only one making them, and everyone eventually gets the pan. You may even have been told that Paul's delivery was slow as molasses. You being located just 600 miles from Paul, I'd think you'd make the trip to pick it up in person rather than fussing for three years?
I'm dumbfounded by your statement.

Expect the customer to drive 600 miles for what was promised to him to be delivered years before?

And what if he drove the 600 miles after say 2 years...you think his floor pans would have been waiting for him?

I'd have just told the vendor after a few months had passed, to stuff it, and give me an immediate refund.

Nice guy, great product, but 3 years delivery? Ridiculous even if they were plated in gold.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #31
Dave D

Quote:
Nobody ever had a problem with the quality of the product, he's the only one making them, and everyone eventually gets the pan.
Not true! 3 year wait and then SIX MONTHS after billing my credit card I got nothing but excuses. Took another month to get a refund.
Dave D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #32
Fe26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from OZ View Post
Here are the floors we get in Australia , made by Waddingtons in Victoria. We recently fitted one into a 36 slantback. They are a real good item.
Pete from OZ

You now have an alternative. And before you start moaning about the cost of shipping, think about what three years of waiting (and not driving your pride and joy) is worth. Not to mention having your money out there, not working for you but for someone else.

If you were to buy several and sell the surplus at a profit you may find the cost to be reasonable. We on this side of the ditch have been doing this (from the US) for years.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #33
gearhead1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete/Ct. View Post
Just saw a seller on epay that advertises the 33-34 front section and a whole floor either stock or street rod. Stuff looks as good as Breadley and it looks like you can get immediate shipping. His selling name is 09-40. Pete/Ct.
I bought one of the front sections from this seller. Seller is Howells and the part I got is not made by them but by Tom Bay. The 34 rear wheel wells they sell are also by Tom. These same wheel wells are sold by Steve's Auto but again not made by Steve. Would be really nice if these companies would let you know who made the part. I almost bought the wheel wells from Steve till I found out he didn't make them and the quality is not good. Tom Bay makes most of the repro 34 parts that are out there.

The floor piece that I bought looks very nice but the beads that go left to right do not match the stock floor. He made these beads with a flat bottom like the areas that go over the frame crossmember. Very nice piece if you don't care about it matching original.
gearhead1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #34
Pete/Ct.

Thanks Mike B, I didnt think I was out of line after the way Bradley scams the unsuspecting public. As I stated above there is an alternative. Pete/Ct.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #35
millersgarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete/Ct. View Post

I see the streetrod style complete floor, but I do not see a stock style, can you provide me a link?
millersgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #36
ken ct
BANNED

Hes a nice guy to talk to and is a barrel of laughts,BUT his shipping scheduel sucks,glad i dont need pans. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #37
Ed Solari

Gearhead is right the Howell 33/34 floors do not have the right left to right round rib ...only flat like those over the frame. BUT BUT I have a Bradley front floor....the rib profile is right but the exact rib length (round and flat) and position of the flat ribs over the frame are off. I dropped using Bradley for my car because they were off by too much. I looked as Howells and tried to re-profile the flat left to right ribs...their rib length and location was like OEM. The metal is too thick so after a 2 inch test on a flat rib to make round I gave up. I wish these guys would spend the extra effort to get it right. What is the point to go 95% correct and fall down on the last 5% percent. To get it exactly right I ended up using an OEM from another car.
Ed Solari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #38
Ball and Chain

is there a website? what do those cost aud or usd ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from OZ View Post
Pete from OZ

Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #39
Pete/Ct.

Hi Millersgarage, 09-40 telephone number is 1-800-375-6663. Hope it helps. Pete/Ct.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
Pete from OZ

Ball and Chain,
Here ya go,
Waddingtons Hot Rods in Castlemaine Australia make complete floors for different models.
They make real good quality correct gauge items.

You can also check out there floors and other items with cost on Australian Ebay

http://waddingtons.myshopify.com/

Pete from OZ
Pete from OZ is offline   Reply With Quote