Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
Brian SATX

Default Standards revision question

The 4th revision is due out soon. I have an old set that has no revisions. Will #4 have all the previous revisions or do I need to order a complete new set?
Old 09-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #2
Neil Wilson

Default Re: Standards revision question

You need the complete RGJS. Revision 4 only includes the current areas being revised.

https://aafords.com Ford Model AA Truck Club @ aafords.com
Neil Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #3
DougVieyra

You do not need to buy the whole completed (revised) set. You just need to get Revisions # 1, Revisions 2, Revision #3, and the newly completed Revision #4.

However, it most likely will be cheaper and easier to just buy the newly revised completed set -$55 I think is what I remember it cost.

I was going to do that - until I added up all the other costs. After shipping and California TAX - the price became more than the value of the product. I do have the original and revisions 1,2,&3, and both of my Model A's are already fully restored, and I am not entering in any blue ribbon shows - so the issue was not so pressing and the value was not there for ME.

However, if one does not have any of the Revisions, then the value builds quickly; and the increased cost of the high (CAlif) taxes and shipping becomes less of an issue.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #4
d.j. moordigian

IF you have the 2011 revision and you purchase the 2016 revision, you SHOULD have
the complete set............correct??

So with that premise,..if you don't have the 2011 you need to buy the complete RGJS,..
correct?

I tried to write it as simple as possible, and I think it's correct..
d.j. moordigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
Steve Wastler

Will the #4 revisions be available to purchase at Hershey from either national tent?
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:11 PM   #6
Doug Clayton

Revision 3 and Revision 4 combined make the entire Restoration Guidelines. You only need to order the two revisions to get the complete book.

We are still trying to make this happen for Hershey, but it's going to be close and we do not have control of some aspects (like the time needed by the printer).

By the way, Revision 4 and a few other additions make this a 400 page package! The photos are outstanding and a great amount of effort was spent writing to make the subjects clear, concise and easy to find.
Doug Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #7
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Clayton View Post
Revision 3 and Revision 4 combined make the entire Restoration Guidelines. You only need to order the two revisions to get the complete book.

We are still trying to make this happen for Hershey, but it's going to be close and we do not have control of some aspects (like the time needed by the printer).

By the way, Revision 4 and a few other additions make this a 400 page package! The photos are outstanding and a great amount of effort was spent writing to make the subjects clear, concise and easy to find.
Doug,

I for one would like to thank you and both MARC and MAFCA Judging Standards Committie chairpersons in getting this done. I am sure it will enhance the hobby in a great way.

Thanks.

Steve Plucker
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:28 AM   #8
CarlG

When I bought my JS, probably 7 years or so ago, I just got the original and several revisions that I had to insert myself. That was way more confusing than it should have been. I had to insert Rev 1, then Rev 2 which deleted half of what I had just done, then do the same thing with Rev 3. It wasn't always a page for page swap, and there was not an instruction page included to tell me which pages to delete / add / or move to a different section.

What I would want is to buy a codified edition and be done with it.
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:30 AM   #9
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
When I bought my JS, probably 7 years or so ago, I just got the original and several revisions that I had to insert myself. That was way more confusing than it should have been. I had to insert Rev 1, then Rev 2 which deleted half of what I had just done, then do the same thing with Rev 3. It wasn't always a page for page swap, and there was not an instruction page included to tell me which pages to delete / add / or move to a different section.

What I would want is to buy a codified edition and be done with it.
I had the same frustrations and will have to go through the whole thing again this time I suppose. With most of the book updated this time most of the revisions will be put in the all taken out I suppose.