Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
1Metalbender

Default 30-31 belt line wood

Anybody know where to get the wood that goes across the back of a closed cab truck at the belt line? I've emailed fordwood.com as well as called them with no response...guess they've went out of business? Need it new or used...
1Metalbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
Mike Peters

Default Re: 30-31 belt line wood

Do you mean the wood piece that goes across the back of the 30-31 closed cab truck that the seat rests against? If so this is bolted to the inside of the cab with four carriage bolts.
You could whittle one out with a band saw. It conforms to the inside curvature of the cab, with most of the curvature being on the two ends. Otherwise, you could call Brattons or Snyders or other suppliers and ask if they would sell just that one piece, rather than the entire cab wood kit.
Mike Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
Terry, NJ

Classic Wood in NC. Look at the list at the beginning of the forum. However If you have the old piece for a pattern, it's not too hard to make from an pieces of old skid. It just takes care and thought and a good saw.
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
1Metalbender

Yes it's the piece that goes across the back of the cab that the 4 carriage bolts then go through the cab back and this piece. This piece sits at the top of the seat or at least I figure the seat back hits there (don't have a seat yet) I can't use the cab back to make one cause it's pushed in where this piece of wood goes...I've already made the rest of the pieces out of steel to give it some more strength and myself a little piece of mind in case God forbid someone ever hit it while I've got it out...I'm all for buying one so I can make it out of steel as well at least I'd know the cab back would be the right contour before I start with my patch panels in it...I'll have a look at the suggested sights, thanks guys!
1Metalbender is offline   Reply With Quote