Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
Dan/Kzo

Default MARC News / Model A News needed for Museum

The Heritage Center Library on the groungs of the Gilmore Car Museum Complex, next to our new Model A Museum, has a nearly complete set of MARC News and Model A News. There are a few missing volumes. I was hoping if we reached out to the Model A community that some of you would have some of these, and would be willing to donate them. A duplicate set is also being gathered to be stored in the Model A Museum. All issues prior to 1971 are needed to complete the duplicate set. The following are needed to complete the entire collection that is in the Heritage Library: 1957 Jan thru July, Nov 57, May 62, Jan/Feb 64, Sept/Oct 64, Nov/Dev 64, May/June 65, July/Aug 65, Sept/Oct 65, missing all 66, missing all 67, Jan/Feb 68, March/April 68, July/Aug 68, Nov/Dec/68, Sept/Oct69, Nov/Dec 69, Jan/Feb70, March/April 70, May/June 70. Any help with this request, even if it is only a single copy, will be greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at [email protected] . Dan Cargo 649 North 1st Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Dan/Kzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
frank55a

Default Re: MARC News / Model A News needed for Museum

Dan,

Thanks for your posting. Currently I am completing a project for MARC to preserve the early newletters. I have scanned, cleaned, and enhanced all MARC newsletters and supplement bulletins from May 1953 when they started until when the publications name was changed to Model "A" News (spring of 1965). At the MARC meet next month we will be discussing the possibility of making a CD of these issues available. If there is anyone interested in possibly purchasing a copy of this CD we need a head count to determine if we wish to proceed with the project. Please respond here or go to the MARC web site and respond via e-mail to the MARC office.
frank55a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Tom Cogswell

Pat Williams of The AuSable Valley Region of MARC donated her husband's collection of Model A News to the Museum and I thought it was a complete set. I will check and see if I have a duplicate of any of the needed issues.

Tom
Tom Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank55a View Post
Dan,

Thanks for your posting. Currently I am completing a project for MARC to preserve the early newletters. I have scanned, cleaned, and enhanced all MARC newsletters and supplement bulletins from May 1953 when they started until when the publications name was changed to Model "A" News (spring of 1965). At the MARC meet next month we will be discussing the possibility of making a CD of these issues available. If there is anyone interested in possibly purchasing a copy of this CD we need a head count to determine if we wish to proceed with the project. Please respond here or go to the MARC web site and respond via e-mail to the MARC office.
Count me in!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #5
Bick in New Zealand

I certainly would.

Model A's don't leak oil they just mark their territory.
Bick in New Zealand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #6
ctlikon0712

I would purchase a complete set of the MARC News Letters. Count me in too.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #7
Mafman

Count me in for the CD as well.
Mafman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Quote:
Dan,

I sure would and on another note how about doing all of the Ford Dealer and Service Field magizines for 1928-1931? MARC or MAFCA!!!!

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
frank55a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
I sure would and on another note how about doing all of the Ford Dealer and Service Field magizines for 1928-1931? MARC or MAFCA!!!!

Pluck

Steve, I will do not question that there is a wealth of information in those publications, that goes without saying.

I can not speak for either club however there are several questions: 1) Where is the initial funding for such a project going to come from? 2) Who is going to volunteer to do this within either club? 3) Who is willing to provide a complete set of the Ford Dealer and Service Magizines for such a project? 4) By the time you scan and enhance (depending on stains, discoloration, etc.) each page you can estimate 1/2 per page, who has the time for it? 5) After all this there is a question of Ford Copyrights; 5) Then consider the matter of who would be willing to purchase them at what cost? FYI - it took MARC 10 years to sell the full size quality printed copy of the Service Bulletins, and they still have many copies of of the Service Letters in stock.

If time, $$$, and copyright was not a question they would probably have already been done.
frank55a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Quote:
Steve, I will do not question that there is a wealth of information in those publications, that goes without saying.

I can not speak for either club however there are several questions: 1) Where is the initial funding for such a project going to come from? 2) Who is going to volunteer to do this within either club? 3) Who is willing to provide a complete set of the Ford Dealer and Service Magizines for such a project? 4) By the time you scan and enhance (depending on stains, discoloration, etc.) each page you can estimate 1/2 per page, who has the time for it? 5) After all this there is a question of Ford Copyrights; 5) Then consider the matter of who would be willing to purchase them at what cost? FYI - it took MARC 10 years to sell the full size quality printed copy of the Service Bulletins, and they still have many copies of of the Service Letters in stock.

If time, $$$, and copyright was not a question they would probably have already been done.
Great answer Frank!...So very true!

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #11
mack4759

Frank,

Add me to the list too. I'd like to buy the CD when it comes out.

Robert
mack4759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
FL&WVMIKE

There are 19 issues, advertised in the "For Sale" Section. They are 1958-59.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote