Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-29-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
Domino

Send a message via AIM to Domino
Default Supplied Air System

I been looking at the Breathecool Supplied air respirator with Tyvek hood listed on Ebay, $369. If you have one of these breathecool systems would you share your opinion, good or bad, of it? Also is vinyl or Tyvek hood the most desirable for spray painting? I noticed that a used system is never listed on Ebay. Thanks in advance.
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: Supplied Air System

I bought a Breathecool Supplied air respirator system about 6 or 7 years ago. It is kind of noisy, but works well for sandblasting and spray painting. I bought the half mask version as I use a hood for sandblasting. The problem is the hose getting caught up in stuff, but unless you have an expensive portable battery operated fresh air system, all "hose" remote fresh air systems would have the same problem with the hose getting tangled up with things.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Joe, have you looked at the Hobbyair unit?

FWIW, the Breathecool unit has a 25' hose which really is not enough IMO. For example, if your paint room area is 18' long, you need extra 6'-7' hose length to be able to maneuver around the vehicle, plus you need a minimum of 5' of length for the hose to go from your hood to the floor. THEN, the turbine of the unit needs to be in a fresh air environment which generally is about 5' away on the outside of your spray room. If their hose is just 25', I think you will be disappointed. The Tyvek hood is fine but you need to purchase the Mylar lens tear-off covers that go on the outside of the hood because the overspray is attracted to the plastic lens and will quickly ruin the vision thru the plastic.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
Stretch Cab

Here is one listed on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...rator&_sacat=0
Stretch Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:47 AM   #5
Marvin/TN

Send a message via AIM to Marvin/TN

I have a different brand system but I do not like a hood to wear. They are hard to see out of and when you bend you neck down for what ever reason it will close off the neck of the hood and pressurize and move the vision panel to where you can't see what you are doing. I have a full face mask which works very well unless you wear glasses. Hard to put mask on and keep you glasses str on your face. and yes you do need a longer than 25' hose, I think mine is 50' I had my pump under a shed out side and ran the hose through PVC pipe to a hole in the wall to get the hose inside. I think I paid about $700.00 for my Bullard system.

Last edited by Marvin/TN; 03-30-2016 at 12:49 AM. Reason: more info
Marvin/TN is offline   Reply With Quote