Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #21
JeffB2

Default Re: Introduction

streetdreams has it 110% correct on all points!
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #22
SJ13

money saved on shipping means more money spent on parts simple as that
SJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:30 AM   #23
dartguy699

I have purchased from macs and Dearborn a lot and I do have a problem with shipping costs. that being said,i have only received an incorrect order once and that was due to the fact that the car used an earlier p/s cylinder than it should have had.
also,where are you going to find the items that they sell elsewhere?
just my 2 cents!!
jp
dartguy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #24
smtichy

Hi Trevor,

I'll add my 2 cents. I won't gripe about shipping, somehow this stuff needs to get to me, but I'll give some feedback on recent experience. Mainly Quality Control.

In September I had an accident and needed several parts for my '55. To get everything I needed I had to order from several suppliers. With Mac's I ran into a problem, and simply one of the parts I ordered wasn't in the box (but on the bill). My observation was that on the packing process there was no evidence of Quality Control. In comparison, an order from a competitor in the southwest, contained a packing slip where you could see check marks showing it went through 2 controls for order completion.

For the benefit of Mac's, they refunded my credit promptly and without complaint. However the time answering my call and processing the credit probably exceeded the time which would have been spent to make a proper QC.

Also others do make mistakes, one supplier which relays order directly for shipping from the manufacturer, ended up shipping me 4 pieces of something when I only ordered one ... their loss.

'55 Sunliner - 292 V8, 3 speed man. w/ OD
ČKMAA - Český klub majitelů amerických automobilů
smtichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:14 AM   #25
RCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtichy View Post
Also others do make mistakes, one supplier which relays order directly for shipping from the manufacturer, ended up shipping me 4 pieces of something when I only ordered one ... their loss.
How it going Steve? You got lucky on this one.

Never ordered from Macs. Shipment is just too expensive.

Regards
RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:40 PM   #26
parklane

Unhappy Re: Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdreams View Post
"

Corporate mumbo-jumbo.

Solution is simple, I'll spell it out for you.:
1) Quit screwing customers on shipping. Ship by weight, and send the little stuff in a USPS bubble pouch. Jegs ships for free. Ask them how.
2) Initiate a major effort, NOW, to replace suppliers of crap with quality stuff from USA . Not only do you help American business, but the parts will be better and your reputation as a supplier of restoration parts will be improved.
3) Start a Quality Control Department that reviews and actually installs or uses the parts you sell and checks for fit, finish, operation, etc.
4) Send me a gift certificate for $250 in appreciation of my telling you how to do something you should already know.
And while you're repairing the shipping mess, you can find out the guys on the front desk, that don't appreciate a job, and replace them with people that do.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:30 PM   #27
Ricks56

High shipping costs on small items is my complaint.
Ricks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:29 AM   #28
WestCoast

Parklane, I made that sugestion early on when this post first started, it would take some work on management part to find the rude ones, all they would have to do is monitor the sales front desks phone for a week, listen to them on the phone, then either retrain them or fire them, it would only take a few being removed to get the attention of the others, especially if they knew they were being recorded, but what are the odds of that happing? Trevor seems sincere, but he has no authority to change anything, lol I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get fired for opening this discussion
WestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:18 AM   #29
WestCoast

I think I was right about Trevor, on the model a site Scott has taken over from Trevor, I wonder how long Scott will be with us?
Old 02-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #30
34pickup

I will add my 2˘ to this:

Streetdreams hit the nail squarely on the head. If the big wigs at Macs read his post and listen they will see where a problem lies. And pushing off the problem area to someone else solves nothing and makes your posting moot.

I don't really care anymore. I have completely stopped using your company and don't even look at the catalogs anymore.
Matt 24:36-41
34pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:25 PM   #31
WestCoast

yes to me, it seems if ecklers really wanted to improve there relations with the hobby, they would send in a senior manager or partner, one who could really address our concerns and fix a few of them, it was a nice gesture to have trevor and scott come in and at least ask and read our concerns, which two of are, rude counter people and extremely high shipping, altho there hearts were in the right places, they can do nothing, we need the shakers and movers from macs to post and see what we need to fix the credibility problem, if just one of them would do that we could really get a few things changed, but its not likely that will occur, so I do give thanks to trevor and scott fot trying
Old 02-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #32
Eckler's

WestCoast,
I can get pretty much anything you need done with an order or parts wise. The other concerns i do pass up the chain of command. As of right now we (Ecklers) are running 14 different car lines. From Ford to Chevy. So it does take some time to get things changed. I work on a few different forums and shipping is the number 1 concern of the customers and that's not going unnoticed. If you ever run into a rude sales person please let me know, you can PM their name and i will speak with their manager. Not to get them in trouble but to use that as a learning tool for everyone. One of the first things i told everyone here when we started working on the forums is that if 1 customer is unhappy he might tell a few buddies, but when you make 1 forum customer unhappy that's thousands of people seeing that. Which is not good for anyone.

Scott

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #33
streetdreams

Location: Howell, Michigan, USA, The Peoples Slightly Overspent Demodependancy of Michigan

I don't understand. How does 14, or for that matter, 100 different car lines have anything to do with decreasing, modifying or changing your shipping charges ? Seems that could be done in one meeting with the proper mucky-mucks present if it was deemed an important issue by management.
streetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:20 PM   #34
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdreams View Post
I don't understand. How does 14, or for that matter, 100 different car lines have anything to do with decreasing, modifying or changing your shipping charges ? Seems that could be done in one meeting with the proper mucky-mucks present if it was deemed an important issue by management.
When you are a large company like we are you have contracts with shipping companies. So it's not as easy as having one meeting. Now me personally i don't know the contract details so i can't speak on that. I know that's not the answer everyone is looking for but that is the honest truth.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #35
LOWRIDER

Like a few guys on here I order most of my stuff online and have had no problems. And like everyone else I think the shipping charges are crazy for small parts. Streetdreams had a lot of good ideas. It looks like someone pulled his chain and he's letting you know what should be looked at. I really like that
"their a shipping company that sells parts".