Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
peters180a/170b

Default Sorry "NO"second "DATE" l.o.l.

Well , i have been doing some locate shows with the "A" [next week, the old Fishkill N.Y.meet]fun meet and i have been inviting some lady friend's for the drive since i am single and when the first words that come out of their mouth is "Boy i bet you can get a pretty good amount for this car" or so why don't you sell it.. {"WOMAN"}.Early 50's to mid 50's are off the market ! The 40 to 50 group of woman ,,want to know whens the next meet.those are the keepers [for now] or are they setting me up... Next fun meet will be Macungie P.A. first weekend in Aug. if i hear from them?[reg.was to be in by the July 1. ] Ana said yes but will see is she gets up that early on a Saturday morning...
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Sorry "NO"second "DATE" l.o.l.

Hey Pete...Your excelent car which should of scored more points at French Lick must be "A" Chick Magnet???!!!

You got a great looking car there Pete...deserves a GREAT looking woman!

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Jim Baskin III Pa.

My dad always said if it has tits or tires there could be problems.
Jim Baskin III Pa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Baskin III Pa. View Post
My dad always said if it has tits or tires there could be problems.
Add Transoms and substitute problems for "lots of expense" and you got it -Karl
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
firefirefire90

haha I don't think my model A would attract many girls in my age group(early to mid 20's)
Old 07-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
John LaVoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefirefire90 View Post
haha I don't think my model A would attract many girls in my age group(early to mid 20's)
You might be surprised at how many of them notice the Model A. I was driving my sedan past a high school a couple of years ago, as school was getting out and many girls were walking along the sidewalk. There was a pick up truck in the lane next to me with three young guys in it. When we stopped at the light one of the guys in the pick up (who was much closer to the age of the girls than I am by a lot) said it was no fair, the girls were all looking at me and none of them noticed them! I thought it was a scream...really I thought I must still have it! LOL
John LaVoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
WTSHNN

Quote:
Also in my 20's, I can attest that it is better at picking up cougars than 20 somethings. Although I then tell them I got to work on a movie set with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale because of the truck and that gets them.

-Tim
WTSHNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
Chris in WNC

Quote:
actually, firefire, the Model A will be of great value in assessing the relative worthiness of girls you meet!

when I met the lovely Miss Judy 2 years ago and was telling her about my Model A activities, I mentioned that some wives have a limited enthusiasm for long Model A trips.
her reply, "it sounds like an adventure" confirmed what I had already decided: she's a keeper.
Chris in WNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
V4F

you might be surprised ! they seem to look at the car first . i get alot of younger girls looking & wanting a ride ! take em all & kick out the ones you dont want ! ..... steve
Old 07-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
vinepro

Take a different car and go after the woman that you really want.
vinepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #11
peters180a/170b

THANK YOU Steve Plucker , should of scored more then it did. I'll put you on the very LONG LIST. So far 1 judge called 1,2,and 3 the way it fell that nite. But thats only 1 judge said that. A total of 6 who judged said they were very surprised at a low score of 476 for this car. ALL said high 480's low 490's. In 10 of the 23 area ,,i heard from i lost a total of less the 2 points. That left 2,3,5,6,7,8,12,13,14,15,18,20,23.[.23] i have a n.o.s. chrome wiper motor that worked perfect ! 14 paint/striping ,,well the strip was super done and you yourself see's pictures.I was told car was over restored. Car ran great,top /upholstery done by Bill Sturm,,,Engine judge said best engine tied with Doug Clayton's roadster as both our undercarriage. were too.So i wait to see where i lost 22 points.I have 3 very knowledgeable "A" person's who wish not to be a judge, said to make copies in which 1 is a accountant and have found error's in the past.1 said make sure all 23 area sheets are there. Sounds like one was missing..l.o.l. Anyway i sit and wait . One thing that bothers me is a judge about my luggage rack?? First its "NOT" a accessorie its "STANDARD " on first 6 months of 180A's [ended in early 1931] .Second he has a 180a rack and sounds like a very early one at that. Someone should tell him there's more then 1 manufacture's of the 180A racks as he looked as if mine was a repro!!!!. AS i showed him[after the fact] it was not..Things like this turns up as my mentor from the far west had warned me in the past.. it all depends on the judges and what they really know.So now i am just doing fun meets .I recieved the top award and it does not bother me as it does alot of other people on the score amount.Must be Principal with them??? One car should of not been there in their views. I speak my word and hold nothing back..
Old 07-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Pete your car was a dream to judge and i too and Val who also judged it very carefully felt your score was WAY WAY too low.. So be it, i thank you for the honor or allowing it to be judged, it was fantastic to took at!
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #13
Stan/MO.

I don't mind my girl friend driving my car.........but why does she always want to work on it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auto3.jpg (58.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg cnu (2).jpg (27.0 KB, 104 views)
Stan/MO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #14
peters180a/170b

Stan , does your girl friend have a sister??? GREAT PICTURES... thank you
Old 07-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #15
allen

Send a message via ICQ to allen

Take you girl to a swap meet if she buys parts for the car shes a keeper/ been with mine for over 30 years, she will hunt parts with the best of them
allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #16
panhead_pete

Buy a 32, you can fit you and two girls across the front seat
panhead_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #17
John Kuhnast

Peter Could I have some information on the Fishkill show please ?
John Kuhnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #18
Ken Ehrenhofer

Hey Peter,
I courted both my wives (one passed away) in my 1930 Deluxe Roadster!
What great memories. As you know it is a real test if they get up early and go on a Model A tour. My second wife of 15 years is the Editor of the Model A News and works very hard at that task! So get looking, good women are out there and enjoy the courting days as I will never forget mine. Go to a drive in theater and put the windshield down and watcha good movie. We are going in a couple of weeks again!
Ken
Ken Ehrenhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #19
peters180a/170b

First Mark M. [ i'll never get into a argument with you] boy you and Ken[?Ron] Ehrenhofer were fired up at the meeting before the judges /owners meeting took place. Sorry i walked in on your meeting before mine. You should of been a defense lawyer..l.o.l. Glad to see you and {Ken?Ron? }was on the same side....Ken my first wife died too at 28 years old. Now Nicole was a car lady. She restored a 1967 conv.Firebird and did not think twice about crawling under a car. Loved the car shows and judged at Hershey on a team. Second past"x'' wife [sell,sell,sell] .SCREW THAT! GONE .Drive in movies [HOLY CRAP] this is the Notheast and nothing is spared .Everything goes if old. NEW ,NEW NEW. First Carvel [knocked down].First Mc.D spared ,train station,court house all very old beautiful building [down.] New junk to look old went up. Only 1 outside drive-in[still open] left in Hyde Park N.Y. [and thats because everthing around it is closed! Ken i met your wife in the lobby and yes she does put in alot of time with the Model "A' News Mag. YOU both do.. And everyone notice the change in the Mag. Guess next meeting will be at Hershey.:>}