Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
A-Man

Default Bolts for mounting CCPU fenders

I am seeking information regarding the hardware(bolts, nuts & washers) needed for mounting the four fenders to the brackets, body, box, frame and ends of the running boards on my 1930 CCPU.
I recently purchased a 1930 Model A "fender bolt set" from a reputable Model A Parts Vendor. Said set states it includes "all bolts, nuts & washers required to mount all 4 fenders to the brackets, body & ends of running boards". This set is for 1930 Model A's, however, I do not believe it includes all hardware needed for a 1930 Model A pickup. I have a copy of Mick Isbell's "Ford Model A Standard Hardware 1928 - 1931". It does not appear that this book includes information for commercial Model A vehicles (pickups). I do realize some of the hardware is the same for the non-commercial and commercial vehicles.

Is there a source that would assist me in determining what specific bolts, nuts & washers are need to mount the front and rear fenders of a 1930 Ford CCPU to the brackets, body, box, frame and ends of the running boards?

I have the short running board splash apron with the front fender apron nose section. It is this area that I am unclear as to which type of hardware was used. Any information regarding the bolting of the fenders to the brackets, body, box, frame and running boards would be greatly apprciated.

On another note, I am considering welding a 3/16" metal plate on the bottom of my stamped front fender braces for reinforcement. Currently, both have welds around the bolt holes. Obviously, this will add length to the bracket. Will this additional length have much affect on the bolting of the end of the front bracket to the front fender edge?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
A-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
Brentwood Bob

Default Re: Bolts for mounting CCPU fenders

will the added plate put the bracket farther away from the frame? or is the plate on the outside of the bracket(my choice).I suggust getting a better set of brackets, instead of adding the plate. Bob
Brentwood Bob is offline   Reply With Quote