Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #1
Eckler's

Default Introduction

Hey all,

My name is Trevor and I work with Eckler's Industries, specifically MAC's Auto Parts. Anyway, I'm here to try to help answer any of your questions or concerns so by all means feel free to shoot me a message if anything comes up.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #2
parklane

Default Re: Introduction

You have a lot of people in Ontario Canada PO'd with MAC's for their service - or lack there of, and the attitude of saes people on the phones.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:08 AM   #3
WestCoast

lol you have just invited the man in, I hope you have a thick skin, you are going to need it, i have a suggestion, why don't you pretend to be a customer, call in an order or two and see how you are treated as a customer, these guys are not making this stuff up, it happens every day, ive had it happen to me, so I don't use your service except in an extreme emergency, rude customer service people can ruin a business as fast as if they were stealing from the company, and in a way they are, costing you dollars from lost sales
WestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #4
Y-Blockhead

Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:33 AM   #5
rick55

Me, I always order online and have never had a problem with Macs. Even with international shipping it is not a problem. They get my vote.

1958 Ford Mainline Utility, 1955 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
Henry Ford
rick55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:37 AM   #6
ct1932ford

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Stopped using them long ago. Bad Service. I think you asking is a good start to trying to correct issues, if you use the information to make things better. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #7
Ole Don

I have done business with MACS for many years. I was always satisfied with product and service.
Ole Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:16 AM   #8
sprink88

No opinion here, I can always find it cheaper somewhere else. Even with their sale prices.
sprink88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #9
scicala

I don't have any experience with Mac's, but from reading some of these posts, it sounds like the problem is with one or two people involved in the phone order end of the business.

Sal
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #10
Y-Blockhead

From my observation their shipping costs seem to be higher than other vendors also.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #11
streetdreams

Location: Howell, Michigan, USA, The Peoples Slightly Overspent Demodependancy of Michigan

Y-B is correct. They'll charge $9.95 to ship you a 75 cent screw. When I complained, I got the standard, canned response of " gee, I'm sorry, but that's our company policy." Last order I paid an additional $3.95 rush charge and it got rushed here in 4 days. Last heater switch ordered had the thin spade on it break off as the connector was pushed on. Lots of cheap, offshore, poorly made products. Now they've bought Eckler's and I hear maybe Dearborn Classics? Lord-a-mercy. My company policy is to deal with them as little as possible.
streetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #12
JeffB2

Even Wal-Mart has gotten back to more "Made in the U.S.A." goods,I wish Mac's and Dennis Carpenter would also get the message as well, the quality of rubber from China and India really sucks.Hat's off to David Muir for promoting "Made in America" companies on the ABC evening news,last week they featured the old American cars of Cuba.
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:40 PM   #13
SJ13

I was going to order a few things from them, my total order consisted of three things that weighed hardly anything they still have one set price for shipping, I promptly emailed them and asked if they didn't have corporate shipping or shipped by product weight ... I received a email saying our shipping isn't controlled by weight or volume that they only have one rate for shipping ... WTH a major company doing business like this seems ridiculous ....
SJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #14
WestCoast

money counts, customers dont
WestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #15
streetdreams

Location: Howell, Michigan, USA, The Peoples Slightly Overspent Demodependancy of Michigan

Sadly, I'm not the only one who feels gigged by their shipping policy. They appear to be a shipping company that sometimes sells parts....
Old 02-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #16
Eckler's

Hey All,
Just want to let everyone know we’ve been going over some of the forums and have been trying to listen to what everyone has been saying. We also realize that one of the key complaints people seem to have is about shipping costs, and while unfortunately I can’t personally do anything to remedy that, your concerns have been noted and are not going unheard. I’ve also been told that the company has been looking into developing a new strategy for mailing/shipping, but I can’t say exactly what that is.

Either way, if you have any specific questions or concerns that you think we should be aware of, you can contact me over PM or my manager Scott at [email protected]

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #17
jsprengeler

Trevor/Scott,
My hats off to you for listening! Lots of companys have no interest in the listening to the voice of the customer. Hope your efforts pay off for both you and your customers.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #18
Eckler's

Thanks Jsprengeler! One of our goals is to establish a better relationship with our customers and part of that is through developing more personal, one-on-one relationships between people as opposed to simply being a faceless corporation with customers.
That said, we're also here to help however possible, be it with our own products or with general automotive stuff, so shoot us a message whenever!

-Trevor

Old 02-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #19
streetdreams

" We also realize that one of the key complaints people seem to have is about shipping costs, and while unfortunately I can’t personally do anything to remedy that, your concerns have been noted and are not going unheard. I’ve also been told that the company has been looking into developing a new strategy for mailing/shipping, but I can’t say exactly what that is.

Either way, if you have any specific questions or concerns that you think we should be aware of, you can contact me over PM or my manager "

Corporate mumbo-jumbo.

Solution is simple, I'll spell it out for you.:
1) Quit screwing customers on shipping. Ship by weight, and send the little stuff in a USPS bubble pouch. Jegs ships for free. Ask them how.
2) Initiate a major effort, NOW, to replace suppliers of crap with quality stuff from USA . Not only do you help American business, but the parts will be better and your reputation as a supplier of restoration parts will be improved.
3) Start a Quality Control Department that reviews and actually installs or uses the parts you sell and checks for fit, finish, operation, etc.
4) Send me a gift certificate for $250 in appreciation of my telling you how to do something you should already know.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #20
JeffB2

This is interesting and probably maybe most of us never heard of it:http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:S.2569: It shows who sponsored it but not who voted for it If the representatives in your state voted against "Made in America" let them know how you feel. This shows who is for and against it: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00249 Somehow I am not surprised

Last edited by JeffB2; 02-02-2015 at 02:32 PM.
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote