Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
Ford1933

Default 1937 Ford Club Coupe Project

City: Taylors
State: SC
Price: In Ad

This is a mid 1990's restoration that was stopped and never completed. Very straight body. 99.5% complete car. Floor repair was completed but still needs one door bottom, both quarter panels, and the pan under trunk installed. Have all EMS panels and new repro running boards but they are not installed. Body was Redi-Striped but not primed so it will need a light sand blast to clean up rust stains. Actually a good buffin with Scotchbright pad or a DA sander would take care of it but I personally would invest in a light blast.
The chassis and drive train were rebuilt using many new parts and gears. Radiator and gas tank were professionally cleaned and sealed.
Body is very very straight. Rear fenders are good but not perfect. I bought a set of very good used front fenders to replace the originals which are savable but just had too many dents to suit me. Windshield frame is in great condition and could be run as is for a driver or it is perfect candidate for replating. Deck lid and hood are very nice. Grille is a stainless repro that does have a few "shelf life" issuse but nothing that can not be repaired.
Engine was bored and new pistons installed. Carb and distributor still need to be rebuilt. I have not had this engine running but it appears to be done properly. I purchased this car at the 2009 Street Rod Nats so if you happen to have been there you probably saw it in the Swap Meet Area. There are several boxes of parts. All garnish trim is in excellent condition including dash and original instruments, radio, etc. Seat frames and springs are in excellent condition. It has new WW tires - Hub caps are very nice but need professional restoration.

Asking $14,500 - cash talks, BS walks. I brought this project home and put it in dry storage and I have not been able to touch it since buying it.
I need the room for my 33-34 Ford projects.

PM me with your email and I can send a few pics I have taken or I can take any pics you desire. If you are in the Atlanta, Charlotte, Knoxville area over the holidays come by and take a look. I am near Greenville, SC.

Mick
Ford1933 is offline   Reply With Quote