Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-01-2020, 09:24 AM   #1
big job

Default Can't judge a book's cover -

This is going back few years ago. My son bought a F6 and the owner said
take the other one two for $0. So with two trailers the boys brought both
back. The green one in the pic is bashed like somebody took a sledge to it.
Most would take one look then to the scrap yard. So it landed still on the
trailer; I say give me 20min. With gas a new 6vt battery blew out cobwebs
(i have aracknet phobia) examination radiator full and no marks as if new no
bent fins. Oil full looks clean. Nothing looks under the hood molested like
wires etc. OK lets go= some gas down its throat and there ya go after blowing
acorns and mice bedding out the pipe fired right up AND its the quiet one,
AND it says 8CM on heads oil press past the middle. All you hear is the fan.
If I can post a picture its the green big time bashed F6 and the body lifted
right up perfectly. Although it has not one piece of bent fenders, hood bashed running boards as of in a demolition derby? some peoples children

Nope can not load a picture for the life of me: I use to but not now

Last edited by big job; 10-01-2020 at 09:32 AM.
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
27TV8

Default Re: Can't judge a book's cover -

I have the same problem RE posting photos? I can do it on the HAMB no problem,So why not here?
I have avoided posting because the topic I was on needed a photo attached!
27TV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27TV8 View Post
I have the same problem RE posting photos? I can do it on the HAMB no problem,So why not here?
I have avoided posting because the topic I was on needed a photo attached!
There is a photo file size limit on the Barn and there is not one (or at least it is much larger) on the HAMB. The two sites are run with different software. A few years back the HAMB software was updated and a lot of folks didn't like the change and switched over to the Barn (which remained the same). I don't have an issue with either one, but some people don't like change.

It is not difficult to post photos on the Barn, as is evident by the number that are posted every day. BUT, the photo files do have to be under the maximum size limit, which is little over 500 Kb. Most photos or cameras take photos in the Mb range. So, you need to reduce the file size and they post fine. The only challenge for some people is figuring out how to reduce the files sizes, it is not difficult, but you need to know how to do it. There are a number of threads on how to do this.

If you ever need a photo posted and can't figure it out, there are several of us on the Barn that will post them for you. Just email the file to me and I can post it for you.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #4
corvette8n

I use Axiem photo editor for IPad and IPhone(the free version), just crop the picture and save it then upload the saved version. If you are using a Windows PC download Photoscape, it has an option to save your pictures in a lower resolution. Sometimes just cropping a picture can reduce the size enough to upload.

For the PC version
http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

I think they have a MAC version also.

Last edited by corvette8n; 10-03-2020 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
corvette8n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #5
RKS.PA

As JSeery notes above...and you are always very generous with your offer to help those of us who struggle with posting....the file size matters.

I take my photo shot with my Iphone. I then upload it to my desktop email and store it it my Ford Barn picture file on my hard drive. In the process of sending it to my email, it asks me what size photo I want to upload. I pick "small".

Getting my photo to the post is where I stumble every time....might be because I don't do it often enough. Eventually, I luck into it after several attempts! So, I've got the file size issue down...it's rest of it that I fumble with. (Might be because I'm a "analog" guy in a "digital" world!
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKS.PA View Post
As JSeery notes above...and you are always very generous with your offer to help those of us who struggle with posting....the file size matters.

I take my photo shot with my Iphone. I then upload it to my desktop email and store it it my Ford Barn picture file on my hard drive. In the process of sending it to my email, it asks me what size photo I want to upload. I pick "small".

Getting my photo to the post is where I stumble every time....might be because I don't do it often enough. Eventually, I luck into it after several attempts! So, I've got the file size issue down...it's rest of it that I fumble with. (Might be because I'm a "analog" guy in a "digital" world!
Here is an idea, find something to post every couple of day to keep in practice.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Getting my photo to the post is where I stumble every time....might be because I don't do it often enough.
The fact that you don't post pics very often probably has a lot to do with it. You said that you eventually mess-around and remember the process.....sometimes! Probably, what you FORGET is that you need to utilize that PAPER CLIP ICON ...""... to easily post a picture to the 'Barn here from your computer. If you use that little "Quick Reply" window at the bottom of each thread, it doesn't have that paper clip icon available in it's header. You must either hit the "Go Advanced" button, or click on the button at the bottom-left of every page to make that "paper clip" available to 'attach' your pictures. I just automatically....ALWAYS....use that button to 'REPLY' to ANY post, whether I'm going to include a picture, or not. If you get in that habit, the paper clip (and ALL of the available tools) will be right there at your disposal every time. Hope this helps, 'cuz it really is easy to post pics here on the 'Barn! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:12 AM   #8
RKS.PA

Thank you DD! I think you nailed my problem and am going to print your instructions above for a reference. I do use the paper clip icon, but "there's many a slip between the cup and the lip!"
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #9
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Thank you DD! I think you nailed my problem and am going to print your instructions above for a reference. I do use the paper clip icon, but "there's many a slip between the cup and the lip!"
One more point that I forgot to mention is that if you reply using that button, you still get the 'paper clip' and ALL the other available tools! DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 10-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #10
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Ok, I don't see any difference between clicking on POST REPLY and clicking on Go Advanced? Looks like the same format to me and both take one-click. If you like one way better than the other, seems fine, but not any difference in where you end up.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #11
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
Ok, I don't see any difference between clicking on POST REPLY and clicking on Go Advanced? Looks like the same format to me and both take one-click. If you like one way better than the other, seems fine, but not any difference in where you end up.
J.........You're right...they both amount to the same thing. I was just trying to point-out that many folks likely go to that "Quick Reply" window to begin their reply messages, and by doing so realize (IF they decide to add a picture) that there is no easy way to accomplish such without thinking about a way-around. I'm only suggesting that if ya get used to beginning ALL your thoughts and replies using either the "Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced" buttons exclusively, the thinking and movements get to be an automatic, routine process with no diversions. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE