Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
coop

Default think i found a bad seller here

dont really want to say much as of now,butt around 25 days ago i sent $250 dollar money order for a set of 1935 ford wire wheels.had no problem keepin contact with seller until he recieved the money order after that it got really hard to contact him,he promised to ship the wheels 3 different times the last being this monday by greyhound, called my local greyhound nothing the last time i had something shipped by greyhound from ohio to GA took only 3 days at it was the back half of a model a truck.he wont return any phone calls or emails now,also found on the HAMB he was reported as a bad seller and is no longer on there...i hope im wrong but he hasnt been on here since 12/9....
coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Seth Swoboda

Default Re: think i found a bad seller here

I have never had good luck shipping with Greyhound, worse than USPS. They lost a set of $500 doors for my 39 pickup coming from Montana to Illinois. Greyhound is cheap, but like thowing darts blindfolded, risky. When I had my problem I called the seller out on fordbarn and he insisted he shipped them. Once I called him out he got interested in helping me find them. In the end Greyhound had misplaced them in a warehouse in Chicago for weeks on end. From the time the seller recieved payment, until I actually had my doors in my hand, took over 2 months. The lesson I learned was NEVER ship Greyhound. Pay a little more and use FedEx or UPS. When you ship with these two they have tracking numbers and will help you find your packages.

I hope you get your wheels soon.
Seth Swoboda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
TEX29

Well, there you have it. What's the bums name?
TEX29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
I have never had good luck shipping with Greyhound, worse than USPS. They lost a set of $500 doors for my 39 pickup coming from Montana to Illinois. Greyhound is cheap, but like thowing darts blindfolded, risky. When I had my problem I called the seller out on fordbarn and he insisted he shipped them. Once I called him out he got interested in helping me find them. In the end Greyhound had misplaced them in a warehouse in Chicago for weeks on end. From the time the seller recieved payment, until I actually had my doors in my hand, took over 2 months. The lesson I learned was NEVER ship Greyhound. Pay a little more and use FedEx or UPS. When you ship with these two they have tracking numbers and will help you find your packages.

i never had a problem with greyhound,this could be the first...
Old 12-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX29 View Post
Well, there you have it. What's the bums name?
if nothing shows up ill post forum name and his name and add along with phone #
Old 12-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
Tinker

Sorry to hear this. Ya give it a few days, it is holiday shipping time. Although you've had a lot of broken promises already.

Greyhound has worked okay for me, but have only done it a couple times. Come to think of it they put a fender on a bus going the other way once and I had to wait a few more days to be re-routed... always received the item.

Let people know so maybe they won't get taken as well.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Seth Swoboda

The reason why I posted my sellers name was he wasn't making an attempt to help me locate them. He always answered my calls and emails but he had his money so he just kept saying he shipped them and they would eventually show up. Well as 2 months went by, telling me it would eventually show up doesn't cut it. It was time to make him get proactive in the search. When his name was on the barn with a full explanation of events he got real interested in helping me.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
I have never had good luck shipping with Greyhound, worse than USPS. Pay a little more and use FedEx or UPS. When you ship with these two they have tracking numbers and will help you find your packages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhmjJCBQ-cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=sgAq_KnDIPc

But at least they got it right?
Old 12-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
flatheadute1934
BANNED

Bought and item from a scumbag lied about what is was. Doctored up to look the part. Have filed a mail order farud case against him. Have bought many items on the ford barn and this has been the only problem. Scumbag name is. Dana smith

Last edited by flatheadute1934; 04-22-2013 at 11:49 AM.
flatheadute1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatheadute1934 View Post
Bought and item from a scumbag lied about what is was. Doctored up to look the part. Have filed a mail order farud case against him. Have bought many items on the ford barn and this has been the only problem.
When you win the case please post his information here.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatheadute1934 View Post
Bought and item from a scumbag lied about what is was. Doctored up to look the part. Have filed a mail order farud case against him. Have bought many items on the ford barn and this has been the only problem.

i have bought several items here also.never any problem until now
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
Steve Wastler

It really sucks to get taken, but I fully believe in karma, and you may never know, but what goes around comes around....
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #13
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Mike, i'm glad they finally got it right. At one point however, I would have been pleased if they got it to me "air mail" like the UPS man in that video! lol!
Old 12-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #14
Bruce,Upstate NY

Send copy of money order along with any info you have to the DA's office in his county. Worked twice for me. A call from the sheriff might work.
Bruce,Upstate NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
Ed Saniewski

I had a problem once with someone here on the barn. Some parts that were to be painted, I could not get him to call me back, until the sheriff sent him an e-mail. well , I got my parts back toot-sweet.

Model A Pick Up Owners and Enthusiasts
http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/group.php?groupid=5
Ed Saniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Pickupman

Quote:

I've used Greyhound with great success. They even supply me with a tracking number.
Pickupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
31FordA1

I had the same experience with a guy from KY....
31FordA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #18
denis4x4

We used to get hoods via Greyhound for louvers. Never any problems. However, they stopped serving the Western slope a couple of months ago.
denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
RcT

...and then there are the good sellers here on the Ford Barn. I recently purchased a pair of Fulton clamp-on windwings from "Gerard"; He posts here regularly, and they came in a timely manner, very well packaged and it was a smooth deal. Unfortunately, we have no way of leaving feedback for sellers, but I have absolutely no complains with Gerard... and thank you.

Richard
RcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
mrtexas

Only time I've been cheated in hundreds of Ebay and FordBarn transaction was by a FordBarn seller when I first got started a couple years ago. I was to buy 40 drums from him. He then proceeded to knock out the hubs and then just sent me the drums. Then I had to pay double for the hubs.
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #21
mrtexas

This is one reason I hate postal money orders. Getting a refund is way too difficult. On the other hand the PO might help with a mail fraud charge but this would be way too complicated. Hope you have your MO receipt.

If you pay with paypal funded with your credit card and the seller doesn't deliver, you can get your money back. All you have to do is do a credit card charge back, refuse the charge with the credit card company. Paypal can't undue a refused credit card charge. The seller would have to provide proof of shipping.

I know how this works since I just went thru it as a seller, the buyer never contacted me, must have been over his credit limit. I had happily used the paypal shipping service.

Sad but true, there are a very few dishonest sellers out there, on Fordbarn even.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #22
Smitty

I bought some tools from Gerard, he was great.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #23
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wastler View Post
It really sucks to get taken, but I fully believe in karma, and you may never know, but what goes around comes around....
Karma is BS. That's why it keeps happening. Be good because it's the right thing to do.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #24
Gerard

I second that tinker,

Gerard
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #25
redmodelt

Did the seller have several other people interested in the wheels, then asked you to make an offer? Was he from Dallis TX? Was part of his name Otto or Otis?
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:18 AM   #26
Steve Wastler

Karma works for me, if it doesn't work for you, maybe you put out enough bad karma for it to work for you.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #27
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Karma works for me, if it doesn't work for you, maybe you put out enough bad karma for it to work for you.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #28
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmodelt View Post
Did the seller have several other people interested in the wheels, then asked you to make an offer? Was he from Dallis TX? Was part of his name Otto or Otis?

none of the above
Old 12-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #29
Tinker

Quote:
All in good fun, but you don't even know me. I don't do good things because I want good things to happen to me. Example, on my way to napa for some points for the flathead. I see a women with a flat tire looking very overwhelmed. I stop and change her tire. I changed the tire because it was the right thing to do.

Side note, do people now days not have the correct jack for their car and do they ever check to see if the spare has air in it?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #30
Steve Wastler

Tinkler, right back at you, you don't know me either, where did I single you out. You seem to have a twisted outlook on Karma. Put out good vibes and you get good vibes, likewise with bad vibes. Nothing I said should lead you to believe I do good things because I want good things, it is just the benefit of doing the right thing. Merry Christmas to you and yours
Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #31
coop

after posting this yesterday i recieved this email

My wife said all info and phon num was on. I called greyhound and they say little behind and they should be tjere soon. Sorry for late delivery. Xmas

so if nothing shows up next week ill post all his info.
so for now dont anyone try to buy any 1935 ford wire wheels from ohio.he had some listed in oct for sale and marked them sold maybe buyer back out, then in nov. a set for the same price thats where i came in....this was my first and last impulse buy..my wants over ran my thoughts....
Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #32
ronn

I've used greyhound and twice they lost the goods. WOuld never use them again. That was on about 20 transactions. In defense of the seller, what is a guy to do, once he has shipped the item?
Greyhound only insures to 300. and if the item is worth more, you lose. Greyhound also notes that shipping is on a standby basis-meaning, they will ship your goods only when they have extra space.
That sometimes can be a month. Folks, you need to know what you are getting into with greyhound, before jumping on a seller. Not to say that a seller can't be bad either....
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
Tinker

Hope you get the wheels.

I never got personal, I was speaking my thoughts on karma. I'll turn the other cheek on the conversation...
Old 12-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #34
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
I've used greyhound and twice they lost the goods. WOuld never use them again. That was on about 20 transactions. In defense of the seller, what is a guy to do, once he has shipped the item?
Greyhound only insures to 300. and if the item is worth more, you lose. Greyhound also notes that shipping is on a standby basis-meaning, they will ship your goods only when they have extra space.
That sometimes can be a month. Folks, you need to know what you are getting into with greyhound, before jumping on a seller. Not to say that a seller can't be bad either....
thats why i havent posted his info..but then again he was reported on the HAMB as being a bad seller and is no longer on there....i was promised 3 different times they would be shipped,, i really hope they show up next week. i have never had this problem before just was really looking for some advice....and about the seller when he wont return your phone calls or emails what would you think....
Old 12-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #35
allison-tech

I stopped by this shop yesterday & bought some floorboards for my '29 Tudor. Ryan was very pleasant to deal with and even stayed open late for me (knowing I was driving up from my home 1 1/2 hrs away) after their Christmas party. Hope you get your parts.....Merry Christmas!
allison-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #36
Tom F OHIO

Ryan must be a good seller like the name Gerard was mentioned. ,Allison-tec who is Ryan in case I ever need floorboards or something else.

Last edited by Tom F OHIO; 12-24-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Wrong Name
Tom F OHIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #37
jimvette59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
I bought some early V-8 parts over on the Early V-8 side of Fordbarn recently, from Chuck Kuntz.

Excellent parts, fast shipping, very well packed I was very happy with him.
I've have purchased parts from Chuck in the past. He is a great guy.
jimvette59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #38
JBill

I hate to jump on the postal service, since they have problems enough, but don't count on them to do anything at all about scams conducted through the mails. Several years ago I bought (well, I paid for) a rebuilt steering tube assembly from a guy in Ohio (initials are R. E.). I sent a check ($250, so not chump change), talked to him a couple of times, heard his various excuses, then that was it. I sent copies of the ad, all correspondence, the cancelled check, etc., to the post office people and, after several months, was told there was nothing they could do, because there was no proof on intent to defraud (it was a form letter, by the way). I though taking my money and never sending the part was plenty proof enough!!
JBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #39
Tom Wesenberg

I had a similar experience and the same result as JBill. Seems you are on your own no matter who the shipper is. That makes it very easy for the scammers.

Last edited by Tom Wesenberg; 12-24-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #40
d.

I had to jump in here...I have used FedEx Ground for years...until I had a Model A rear spring shipped from Mid-West to NC and it disappeared!
Labels all over it, wrapped well...traced to the 2nd FedEx center about 200 miles away from ship point and POOF! nobody could find the rear spring anywhere, even when supplied with a photo of what a 65 lb. Model A rear spring looks like. It is still probably sitting in the corner of a FedEx Ground warehouse.
d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #41
700rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. View Post
I had to jump in here...I have used FedEx Ground for years...until I had a Model A rear spring shipped from Mid-West to NC and it disappeared!
Labels all over it, wrapped well...traced to the 2nd FedEx center about 200 miles away from ship point and POOF! nobody could find the rear spring anywhere, even when supplied with a photo of what a 65 lb. Model A rear spring looks like. It is still probably sitting in the corner of a FedEx Ground warehouse.
Probably bounced off the truck, or got removed by accident or to get another packge and not put back.

Relative to buying experiences, though, I recently committed to buy a jack here, and the buyer said he'd accept a check (!) and would ship the jack as soon as I told him the check was in the mail! Now that's trust! As it happens, I am out of town till 12/26, so I asked him told off shipping until I return, which will give him time to have my check clear. I'm sure we'll do business again if the opportunity arises.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #42
mrtexas

I recently bought an ahooga horn. The seller insisted that I wait until I got it before sending the payment. This is real old fashioned trust and I was quite surprised! What a nice seller. Thanks for being so nice Dean. I have to admit I'm not quite as trusting.

Last edited by mrtexas; 12-25-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #43
mrtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. View Post
I'm sure you were paid promptly for the loss. If you had shipped by USPS you would still be waiting for payment for many months.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #44
rcranger

my son works for UPS and says that the spring probably ended up in overgoods and is sitting in a trailer waiting for an auction,[ sell off the entire comtents of the trailer ]
and second getting taken is not right had it happen in a little different way my opinion on not being happy with the out come, had a unique intake gentleman wanted for collection also have 5 carbs 2 #'s matched Afb's NOS and three older 2gc and 4gc carbs , my return was to be a 2x2 intake and carbs for flathead, ready to go ,that didnt work the way it was supposed to setup came after having to pay 300+ not what was talked about , they leaked like crazy wouldnt run right ,linkage messed up so stuck idling high,and guy never told me that you should have a mechanical distributor to make it run right , and there was no way that i was going to get back the cash and my parts, got so frustrated packed it up and sold the car
rcranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #45
coop

well guys no wheels yet...if i dont have them by Fri..ill post all the info on this guy....
Old 12-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #46
old skool

Hello,

I just saw your posting. Very interesting! I saw a guy list 1935 wire rims (on the HAMB and Fordbarn) for the price you paid (He quoted me $200.00) and contacted him back in October. We went back an forth. I told him I was coming to Ohio to see my folks in November. He said I could pay him when I saw him. We agreed to meet at Snyders Model A Store (by the way great people, store and prices). I waited with my Dad for more than an hour. We drove more than 80+ miles round trip to meet him. Never returned my calls or showed up. I was mad, but had cool stuff to look at while I waited and spent some time with my Dad. That was on a Saturday. Didnt not hear from him Sunday through Thursday. Finally heard from him a week later by email. He said one of his family members was in a accident (might be true). By then I was back in Georgia and told him I was not interested.

My father used to be a gasser in the 1960s and he said somethings never change. He told me all kinds of stories where people never showed up, called or said something was better than it was but after driving half way across the state turned out to be a pile of junk!!!

Dad and I had lunch and he told me stories when he was a kid in the 50s/60s racing. We hit some junk shops. That was time well spent. Made lemonade from lemons.

I am interested to see who this is. I hope you get your rims or money.

Marty
old skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #47
PC/SR

I agree with those who say call the local DA and/or police. Worked for me once. It might not work all the time but if enough complaints pile up against a guy the authorities will get the picture of a thief. So even if your complaint does not work for you, it may help the next guy. And do post his name if you do not get satisfaction. These theives should be made to know there will be some consequence.
PC/SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:45 AM   #48
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop View Post
well guys no wheels yet...if i dont have them by Fri..ill post all the info on this guy....

Hey 'coop' ! FRIDAY has passed......what's up
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #49
coop

sorry for the late update the wheels came yesterday [friday],they were shipped monday afternoon..i believe this post is what got my wheels for me,the only problem is 1 maybe 2 of the wheels are junk.the guy at greyhound said i was lucky i got all 4 wheels the guy put them in a box put 1 piece of tape around it. the wheels were hanging out of the box no packing or nothing... so im looking for 2 good 1935 ford wire wheels any out there.....pm me
Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 AM   #50
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by old skool View Post
Hello,

I just saw your posting. Very interesting! I saw a guy list 1935 wire rims (on the HAMB and Fordbarn) for the price you paid (He quoted me $200.00) and contacted him back in October. We went back an forth. I told him I was coming to Ohio to see my folks in November. He said I could pay him when I saw him. We agreed to meet at Snyders Model A Store (by the way great people, store and prices). I waited with my Dad for more than an hour. We drove more than 80+ miles round trip to meet him. Never returned my calls or showed up. I was mad, but had cool stuff to look at while I waited and spent some time with my Dad. That was on a Saturday. Didnt not hear from him Sunday through Thursday. Finally heard from him a week later by email. He said one of his family members was in a accident (might be true). By then I was back in Georgia and told him I was not interested.

My father used to be a gasser in the 1960s and he said somethings never change. He told me all kinds of stories where people never showed up, called or said something was better than it was but after driving half way across the state turned out to be a pile of junk!!!

Dad and I had lunch and he told me stories when he was a kid in the 50s/60s racing. We hit some junk shops. That was time well spent. Made lemonade from lemons.

I am interested to see who this is. I hope you get your rims or money.

Marty

could have been same person he had them for sale on here in oct. also and marked them sold
Old 12-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #51
old skool

Hello,

Yeah, I thought too much of this story matched up. He wanted $250.00 for them. This has to be the same guy.

Sorry some of the rims weren't any good.

Take Care,
Marty
Old 12-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #52
old skool

Hello again,

I bought a Syders 5.5 to 1 head from a guy on ebay. Got a good price. I made sure to tell him to please pack it well. He said he would. Next thing I get in the mail was a head sticking out of the box with no packing inside. I was $%^&&*&%. Last time I buy anything like that on ebay. Too many people on ebay want to make a fast buck. That wasn't the first time I had poor packing with ebay items. Not worth it. Pay the money and get the item from a good established company!

Marty
Old 12-31-2011, 05:46 PM   #53
zzlegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by old skool View Post
Hello again,

I bought a Syders 5.5 to 1 head from a guy on ebay. Got a good price. I made sure to tell him to please pack it well. He said he would. Next thing I get in the mail was a head sticking out of the box with no packing inside. I was $%^&&*&%. Last time I buy anything like that on ebay. Too many people on ebay want to make a fast buck. That wasn't the first time I had poor packing with ebay items. Not worth it. Pay the money and get the item from a good established company!

Marty
Maybe you could reflect that on his feedback, that is if you leave any. An item like that should be well packaged. But like you said, people want to make a fast buck. Good luck with it and happy new year Marty. Mark.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #54
38 Ford Pickup

There is another Scum bag that Ripped me off for parts for my 38 Ford 1/2 ton pickup

Hus name is Ray Daye and lives in
Sandy Lake PA.

if anyone meets up with this scumbag ask him where my
Marker Lens, Floor Mat, Rear View mirror and a few other parts are.

PA State Police will be my next option
38 Ford Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #55
zzlegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgarage View Post
It is amazing how many morons and scammers there are out there selling and shipping things, with absolutely no concern for the buyer. There have been lots of similar stories on here before, and I also have received loose parts falling out of oversize boxes, as well as missing and broken parts.

Here is one story I was (am still) pissed off enough about to make a web page about.

Fender Shipping on Ford Garage.

I should have done my due diligence first on the HAMB.
Vince. I have seen that ebay name a number of times. But now i will remember it even more. That would be enough to send anybody over the edge. Thanks for posting. Mark.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #56
RcT

I have sworn off buying anything that is breakable off ebay. What sent me over the edge is when I ordered a collectible 78 record from some jerk and it was sent to me in a large manilla envelope, no packing or protection what so ever, and naturally in pieces. Besides, ebay is taking the fun out of the hunt. Flea Markets are better.
RcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #57
Popeye31

Ok so is this going to be the thread for rating the lates ford barn sellers? because if so I will be putting a rating down for a few perchases all good experinces but one and Im still wating for the package. will let yall know how it turns out in a week.