Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
Woodie1

Default Engine dies

We have a model A that the engine dies on while driving. It is a new rebuild that has about 750 miles on it now. At first when I got it back it was hard to start. I eventually figured where spark & throttle had to be to get it to start. Last week while on tour it died about 8 times. Did so on another day also. It acts like the gas has been shut off. Once it dies it seems like the only way to get it to run again is for it to be pushed & pop the clutch. This morning I checked the gas flow out of the shut off & it looked good. I pulled the gas line to the carb & it looked good. I checked the carb to manifold bolts for tightness, good. I checked the manifold nuts & they were good. It cranks good once it dies, it just refuses to start. Club members checked the spark while I cranked the engine with the starter & they said there was spark. It just seems to be lack of gas. I also blew air through the vent in the gas cap. I'm lost at this point & afraid to take it out again. More ideas would be appreciated.
Woodie1 is offline   Reply With Quote