Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
1916modeltford

Smile On the road again

The 29 Leatherback (60B) that I brought home on 5-04-13 is back on the road. The discovery of a cracked block and head plus a very bad attempt to repair a stripped out stud left the A still. Then several surgery's added to the delay.

At the National in Lexington (my home) I purchased an AER short block with inserts, bored .080 with a touring cam. That also sat for awhile due to the second surgery.

All is now well, including me (almost). Thanks to several members of the local MARC group and two son's the old engine came out and the new one went in. The transmission was also rebuilt with new bearings. The engine came with a balanced flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. The crank was also counter balanced.

On Monday, again thanks to very special A members and my son the engine came to life. It took its first tour of the neighborhood on Tuesday with Eleanor as shotgun.

Tidying up things, reinstalled the speed-o-meter and (this will bring comments) a temperature gauge. With a new engine I do not want to take chances of overheating.

Gang it really feels good to have the new old toy ready for club tours and fun.

Again thanks to some very special guys we are ready to rumble.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
QGolden

Thumbs up Re: On the road again

Good on ya Mate! And you have time to enjoy it before Winter sets in.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote