Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-18-2016, 02:43 PM   #61
peters180a/170b

Default Re: The best Model A I have ever seen!

Nice profit alright .. nothing wrong with that ..but be HONEST about the car... if you notice the drivers door panel where the locking switch is there is a nice RIP starting...he did not even fixed that before selling let along dumped the OLD GAS and start new....Godfather in again turning over in his grave... He loved that car...
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #62
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
Nice profit alright .. nothing wrong with that ..but be HONEST about the car... if you notice the drivers door panel where the locking switch is there is a nice RIP starting...he did not even fixed that before selling let along dumped the OLD GAS and start new....Godfather in again turning over in his grave... He loved that car...
If you love it so much why didn't you pay their price ? No sense crying over spilt milk. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
Yes i know of this car . did the pin striping back in 2003. Car has been sitting for the last 2 years due to owners wife's health and then his. Both died last year 2 weeks apart. Daughter locked up the place and did not care what happened to the car until it came time to sell it. Smell of mildew was in the car. BODY is solid but chassis was done poorly. A lot of repro, parts that's why i told my Godfather the car went as far award wise as it can go. A.A.C.A. First jr. award was twice to get.WHAT does that tell you....Hello. i wanted to buy the car BUT i know the value and THERE IS A ASS FOR EVERY SEAT [not mine] .Blue smoke ? well has 2 years of gas in it...p.s. [1929] best you ever seen ???? you friends of his OR you never went to a MARC / MAFCA NATIONAL MEET. ! You want to see CORRECT , BEAUTIFUL RESTORED CARS... FINE POINT JUDGING CARS !
Not a friend of the guy, also was suspicious about him stating the car was one of many of his collection, I think he is more of a salesman then an owner. I noticed he lowered his reserve, and car sold for $23,900.
1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #64
phonconn

Lots of reproduction parts but good to see that a car built with lots of reproduction parts is bringing that kind of money. I am sure the smoke coming out of the tailpipe was just his carb being a little rich. All in all a very nice car. I wonder what a Henry Ford award '31 coupe would be worth? There was a nice 31 roadster that won a Henry Award four years ago that brought $58K but wonder what a coupe's value would be in the same condition?
All fine stuff, eh?
phonconn is offline   Reply With Quote