Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2021, 12:54 PM   #21
Newc

Default Re: USPS strikes again destruction of packages

Hi; just to clarify; The box was a USPS flat rate box [their box] It arrived in Lebanon, Or totally soaked [water] and crushed/ripped apart with tire tracks on it. It contained four crab distributors- no liquids. Newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:59 PM   #22
WRA

I recently had 4 packages come up missing from USPS. A priority overseas package that used to take 10 days, took 65. The USPS folks tracked it over that period and it went back and forth between San Francisco & Chicago twice and and Tokyo and SF once before finally making its way to the UK.

I worked with a lot of different USPS clerks and they all did a good job and were professional while they hunted them down.

The one thing they all told me was the increase in on line purchases has over taxed an already dysfunctional system. The USPS responded with Sub-Contracting all kinds of different jobs. These jobs were all temporary and loop holed outside of their existing agreements. The USPS Union has pushed back. Lots of accusations of slowdowns and other delays. I know they got rid of the temp carriers in our area and are back to Usps employees.

What I have learned over the past year is to not us the USPS for anything outside of a letter.
WRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-25-2021, 04:58 PM   #23
swedishsteel

As a retired rural carrier, I will contribute from my perspective: s...t happens-we handle billions of pieces of mail; it is inevitable that packages get caught in machines, fall off carts, etc, etc; some card board used in boxes isn't much stronger than toilet paper; shippers/mailers often VERY poorly prepare a package--mostly not enough tape around it to hold it shut/together--case in point, one morning I was sorting packages for my route, picked up a medium Priority box from the bottom of the hamper and a Magnum BFR revolver fell out. Magnum was one of my customers, and the revolver was being returned for warranty work in a used box with no adhesive left on the flap with minimal scotch tape holding it together. It was the MAILERS fault. Thankfully it happened in my post office and not in the back of a truck or airplane where the box could easily have gotten separated from the gun. I agree there are PO employees that don't care, but right now it is impossible to hire more help and the people who are working are making two three and four trips back to the Post Office to reload every day. If you want better service QUIT ORDERING FROM AMAZON
swedishsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #24
tubman

Do a little research on Louis DeJoy.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote