Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #21
Mart

Default Re: crash

Really sorry to hear this. I hope you are ok. That's the most important thing. When you say write off, do you mean it will be written off and they take it away, or will you be able to repair it (if it is repairable)? If written off, there must still be a hell of a lot of good parts that have not been damaged??

What can be salvaged from this bad situation?

Mart.
Mart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:16 PM   #22
Viv W

So sorry to hear this sad news Brian, I sincerely hope you will be able to repair the car and get back onto the road again.
I hope that physically you are okay, however, if you have a sore neck or back from the accident, go and have xrays done and get checked out for whiplash. Damage to your neck or spine can be treated, as long as it is done timeously, by having physio treatments, however if you don't sort it out and leave it, you could end up with problems in years to come.
You can claim these medical expenses from the insurance companies or the guilty driver.
Wishing you all the best
regards
Viv.
Viv W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:48 PM   #23
Ian NZ

Sorry to hear about your 35 Brian. All the best with your insurance company. Our family we have a lot of classic cars between us, is having trouble with dealing with insurance companys here being with A.M.I they used have a branch here where I live, but they closed it down and the nearest branch is in a city N.P now they have have closed that down and the nearest branch is up North miles away and you are dealing with some hard to understand language woman. We wanted to deal with someone local because it can get complicated and there is only two insurance companys in this area left. The trouble all these insurance companys work together on the same system. If it was my car if the Insurance Company wrote it off I would want it back.
Ian NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:55 PM   #24
Talkwrench

Ohhh nooo BB... You have had some shit luck lately mate , ahh man I cant believe it
Old 04-19-2021, 01:36 AM   #25
Brian

you know, thanks fellas for the wishes....I'm still smiling, I mean stuff happens....things are; it's not just the panel damage, it's like, how do I replace the nos locking hubcap, which is now destroyed, bought for top dollar from the USA, the spare wheel cover, which was a real good one, purchased off of a USA Fordbarn member, it's those little personalised, treasured bits that are irreplaceable, how do I replace stuff like that?
I only have third party insurance on all my old vintage stuff; after all, I'm not gonna prang it am I?...lol. So, my insurance is meaningless in this case. OK, my fault for not carrying comprehensive insurance. And this old biddy who hit me, yes Ian, she's with AMI. I finally got through to them on the phone, they haven't received a claim from her. her car is totalled! I've tried ringing her repeatedly, no answer. I hope the old dear hasn't gone and died or whatever!!
The fun of it all.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:18 AM   #26
V8COOPMAN

My God, Brian....that's 50 years you've had that thing. I'm sorry to hear this. It is so nice looking in the pics. Good luck on the outcome. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:45 AM   #27
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian NZ View Post
Sorry to hear about your 35 Brian. All the best with your insurance company. Our family we have a lot of classic cars between us, is having trouble with dealing with insurance companys here being with A.M.I they used have a branch here where I live, but they closed it down and the nearest branch is in a city N.P now they have have closed that down and the nearest branch is up North miles away and you are dealing with some hard to understand language woman. We wanted to deal with someone local because it can get complicated and there is only two insurance companys in this area left. The trouble all these insurance companys work together on the same system. If it was my car if the Insurance Company wrote it off I would want it back.
I think AMI got hit really badly in the Christchurch quake and they have downsized to survive. My insurance is all with Vero through the Vintage car club - really cheap premiums and by report ( i haven't had a claim yet) really good cover -Karl
Old 04-19-2021, 05:02 AM   #28
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
you know, thanks fellas for the wishes....I'm still smiling, I mean stuff happens....things are; it's not just the panel damage, it's like, how do I replace the nos locking hubcap, which is now destroyed, bought for top dollar from the USA, the spare wheel cover, which was a real good one, purchased off of a USA Fordbarn member, it's those little personalised, treasured bits that are irreplaceable, how do I replace stuff like that?
I only have third party insurance on all my old vintage stuff; after all, I'm not gonna prang it am I?...lol. So, my insurance is meaningless in this case. OK, my fault for not carrying comprehensive insurance. And this old biddy who hit me, yes Ian, she's with AMI. I finally got through to them on the phone, they haven't received a claim from her. her car is totalled! I've tried ringing her repeatedly, no answer. I hope the old dear hasn't gone and died or whatever!!
The fun of it all.
I hope she is ok but they don't handle the shock of it very well . A couple of years ago I was at a vintage car show and an elderly couple were rear ended as they sat waiting to turn into the event ( a young kid looking down to text as he was driving). Man was it some bang One of the other Doctors I work with was there and we provided first aid until the ambulance arrived -Between us there was 70+ years of medical experience but there is little you can do with no gear -We we worried about the man who was quite shocked The ambulance staff felt he was fine and were worried about his wife. They took both to hospital she was discharged after 2 days he spent 3 weeks in hospital and unfortunately passed away . He never really got over the shock of it -Karl
Old 04-19-2021, 03:05 PM   #29
slowforty

Sorry about your accident.
If you look at look at my avatar you can see the damage done at the last accident.(Dont ask about the other two) A lady hit me in the rear end. From what I can surmise ,she was on a cell phone and swerved to almost avoid hitting me. As I was slowing down to enter a gas station. I was properly insured with Grundy and had no problems. The only issue was that the body shop took three years to finish the repairs. But the results were great.
Sorry to hijack this tread. I hope everything ends well for you. But get yourself some good representation.
slowforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:13 PM   #30
Jeff/Illinois

Sorry to hear of this. You seem to be in OK shape, accidents are never good. Glad you weren't hurt any more than you were.

It is sad to lose an antique like that especially a '35 Ford Coupe, one of my favorites.

If it had been me, I would have probably lost it on 'Dear Doris' she would have needed an ambulance by the time I got thru with her....................

A couple of weeks ago (kind of similar) there was an auction in S. Carolina of petroliana collectibles. Somebody, being careless, knocked a table over and destroyed four glass gasoline globes, dating back to the late 1920's. Gheez people use a little thought before you do something. Stupid.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:19 PM   #31
Phil Gillespie

Brian,
I certainly feel for you especially when its not your fault. Being the innocent party is some comfort but it will not return your pide and jpy and your lifelong friend to its original status.
Physically hope you are ok. This mishap is a problem you certainly did not plan for and hope it will be resolved to some form of satisfaction for you.
Now comes the time factor of sorting it all out Insurance Company and the like.
All the best.
Phil NZ
Phil Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:36 PM   #32
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed

Bad News Brian bad news ,You should be able to get the wreak back ,

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:06 PM   #33
Ian NZ

Brian I think you better see a lawyer because if she failed to give way you will have to prove it is her fault if you want to claim off her A.M.I Insurance and the police could get involved unless she admits the accident is her fault, and you will have to have proof of the cost of the damage to your car, Any photos taken of the accident. If you have only got third party insurance you will be able to have the last say about your car. This could be expensive.
Ian NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #34
aussie merc

sound like the other party is at fault hope shes insured your insurance company should go into bat on your behalf and pursue them for total repair regardless of cost .
aussie merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:18 PM   #35
mercman from oz

Very sorry to hear of your accident. Your 1935 Ford Fordor Sedan looked very nice.
I hope that you can get it repaired. Regards Mercman <><
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 05:27 AM   #36

Sorry to hear about this, what a nightmare! Hopefully no one was hurt. What a shame to see that beautiful car wrecked! Good luck to you.
Doug.
1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:30 AM   #37
tub1

sorry to hear of your crash take care sometimes things take a few days to show up I was laying foundation blocks for my workshop the day after i had a accident I had a stiff neck but thought I was ok 9 days later I woke up with eye movement only, 3 cracked vertibray was my problem so get yourself checked out very well young man
tub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:31 AM   #38
tub1

also that 35 flat back is a great looking car I had a black one the same years ago and sold it
tub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:35 AM   #39
McMimmcs

Now you find out how good or bad your insurer is.
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:39 AM   #40
David J

Sorry about your toy being broken . Good that you are OK though . Dave
David J is offline   Reply With Quote