Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
Fibber Mcgee

Default Dome lights

Can I get some pictures of an original 41 dome light. Mine has the switch integrated into the housing but the replacements list a stand alone switch with its own face plate . I'm not sure if the repops are wrong or if the Canadian Fords are different. I need a new switch but everything else is good.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:49 PM   #2
Joe Immler

Default Re: Dome lights

Fibber, on my '41 Coupe the passenger side dome light has a switch and the driver side does not. Turning the PS light on lights them both. C&G catalogue list dome lights with switches and with out. Seven dollar difference in cost. I am not sure if the lights are installed correctly re: the switch on the PS side but that is the way it was when I bought the car. An old timer (older than me!) said that the switch was on the passenger side to assist the passenger as the dash lights helped the driver (?).
Joe Immler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
Fibber Mcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Immler View Post
Fibber, on my '41 Coupe the passenger side dome light has a switch and the driver side does not. Turning the PS light on lights them both. C&G catalogue list dome lights with switches and with out. Seven dollar difference in cost. I am not sure if the lights are installed correctly re: the switch on the PS side but that is the way it was when I bought the car. An old timer (older than me!) said that the switch was on the passenger side to assist the passenger as the dash lights helped the driver (?).
Do you have a part number or picture? I look on their site and all I see is a big round light that doesn't look like mine. Thanks
Old 07-30-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
Joe Immler

OOOPS! I looked at the catalogue too quickly and did not notice that they were only for Wagons. Sorry. It appears,again, that no lights are listed for '41's. Probably another "one off." On mine, the lights are round with a chrome housing that is square on the bottom. One has a cut out for the switch the other does not. The switch is an ivory color and works left to right and the lens is also ivory. It is glass. I don't see them listed in C&G, MAC"s etc. Maybe someone else will comment.
Joe Immler is offline   Reply With Quote