Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-21-2023, 10:47 AM   #21
Vics Stuff

Default Re: Auction time for me...minnesota

I just made the move from Alaska to Nevada . Had to purge a lot of stuff to down size to a reasonable amount. It was still a lot of stuff to relocate. I am a bit younger than most on here , but with what I transported down here with my semi , 7 trips . I am not sorry I kept what I held onto. Plans are to build many more vehicles before I can not.
Vic
Vics Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 10:47 AM   #22
1952henry

Is there an actual listing beyond what is listed for online bidding. Maybe I overlooked it?
Old 10-21-2023, 02:31 PM   #23
cas3

On the Ediger Auctions.com home page there are quite a few pics to see by clicking "see more". I'm gonna say that only about 1/4 of the stuff is online. Thanks
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 01:12 PM   #24
Vics Stuff

As I see it . For a guy to bid on line there is a 10% buyers premium , 10% online buyers fee , if a credit card is used there is a 5% fee plus state sales tax. That ads up to a additional 25% in cost. They give a 5% discount if you pay in cash or wire transfer.
It is sad to see all the fingers in the pot and hope the seller makes out OK.
Vics Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 07:54 PM   #25
cas3

Auction update: Auction are not predictable, so it's a scary thing. You win some, you loose some. overall, I think I did ok. It was sad to alot go to the scrap buyer's, but if they have the high bid...watchya gonna do!

So here's a video for some to kill time with. I was told there was a youtuber shooting there, but I did not realize he is the one who bought my A coupe. So, I spoke with him quite a bit you will see.

It starts out with about a half hour of his poor description of the car, IMHO, and then he mixes in some unrelated stuff up to the 102 mark, then out for a drive in the A, and then more mix until the 113 mark and its live auction from there.
Enjoy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RcxhBy37h4
Old 12-05-2023, 09:03 PM   #26
petehoovie

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
That Auctioneer lady sounded like a WW-2 German MG 42 Machine Gun...

How much did that '34-Window go for???

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0

Last edited by petehoovie; 12-05-2023 at 09:20 PM.
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 10:35 PM   #27
cas3

The 34 3w did not meet reserve. The phone is still ringing, they all quit bidding thinking they could buy it after the auction for no commission. Reserve was 35k, far less than what it cost to build it. Before the auction I had calls from all over the country saying what a bargain 35k is, and will for sure bid higher than that....but they didn't.
Fact is, I am under contract, and I have known the auction family for 45 years, and the only reason they knew about the car is from the auction advertising, so , no we are not going to cheat them out of the commission.

Another phone ringer was the ott 9 maxwell. I had 18k reserve on that, the most persistent caller got me to drop to 17k and payed the commission. The auction co lowered the commission because while online we pay proxbid by the item for online hook up and now they are out of the picture. Lost money on that car, but it was perfect when I bought it, and now the rotten minnesota climate has the paint falling off everywhere. I should have spent the time to paint it, but the list (was?) is too long, gotta move forward.

The reason for all of the cars to be on sale is, the auction folks charge on a sliding scale.
starts at 100k-20%. Goes down with every 25k. So if even one more car had sold, I would have broke another drop down and made more off every piece.

The 3w is still here, I don't have to sell it,ain't broke, been offered 40, but I'll keep it.

Its been quite an event, still not done loading things out, stuff went all over the country,
and dealing with the mess. Again, overall, I think it went well, and really I had no choice. Could not possibly move it all, and I have proven to be too lazy to sell piece by piece, so this way someone else carried it away and the sheds are empty.

Auctioneer lady is Sammy, I like her! 3rd gen now, I was buying stuff from her grandpa 45 years ago. Her dad is my age, and a local sprint car champ. She really has the "abida-abida-abida auction lingo down!

Thanks Pete, for all your efforts here!
Old 12-05-2023, 11:11 PM   #28
GB SISSON

The little missus and I really enjoyed the show. Yup, that's a lotta stuff there Skip and I'm glad it went well for you. Are you planning to head out right after you retire? I'm glad you kept that nice '34. That will bring up some good ford conversations when you get to rural Kansas. " Yah, my wife's grandpa had one looked a lot like that. I think it's still in the shed alongside the old dairy barn"...
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 11:30 PM   #29
cas3

Talking Re: Auction time for me...minnesota

Thanks GB. The 34 coupe besides being the most valuable car I own, its also the most reliable as every piece is new. its even wired for a trailer light hookup as the retirement plan was (is?) to do some cross country travel and visit old friends before we all croak.
travel in style, in my 1948 modernistic tear drop. hope to get to that point at some time after I finish erasing the "Skip was here" factor so I can sell this farm
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 02A1EFB9-8FE5-4262-A302-95349BA0125E.jpeg (147.2 KB, 205 views)
Old 12-05-2023, 11:32 PM   #30
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
Thanks GB. The 34 coupe besides being the most valuable car I own, its also the most reliable as every piece is new. its even wired for a trailer light hookup as the retirement plan was (is?) to do some cross country travel and visit old friends before we all croak.
travel in style, in my 1948 modernistic tear drop. hope to get to that point at some time after I finish erasing the "Skip was here" factor so I can sell this farm

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 11:35 PM   #31
cas3

By golly Pete, you are on the ball!
Old 12-06-2023, 04:50 AM   #32
flatford8

“. its even wired for a trailer light hookup as the retirement plan was (is?) to do some cross country travel and visit old friends before we all croak.” I’m retiring at the end of the year. I’ll meet you on Gary’s island with in the next couple years........Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:39 AM   #33
cas3

Sounds good to me Mark!
Old 12-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #34
GB SISSON

Ditto (my shortest post ever)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:23 PM   #35
Mart

Hey, Skip, just watched the video. Nice "meeting" you. It looks like a nice solid honest car. Mortske was lucky to get all the lowdown on the car from you. It's not always the case.

Good luck with the rest of the move.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 07:39 PM   #36
cas3

Thanks Mart! I could have save one of the Rolls Royces for you if you had spoken up, you and the missus would look good taking the dog out to the park!