Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #21
BUBBAS IGNITION

Default Re: New Book Available on the Ford Flathead V-8 Engine

Got my books today. Two volume set , they weigh a ton and are full of information !!!!!! Will be reading these for a long time, small print and tons of it . Just read select chapter or two this afternoon. I give it a Bubba AAAAAplus!!!!
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:04 PM   #22
Tinker

Default Re: New Book Available on the Ford Flathead V-8 Engine

I was out of town and finally picked up my mail.

I'd say, if your interested in the early development of the ford flathead it's a very very good publication. Half the first volume is dedicated to the 32 motor and development. Lots of info and pictures, if you like pictures. There is a complete posting of early ford bulletins dealing with dealers on the new engine as it rolled out, and info/pictures of early prototype motors.

Also picked up some stuff about chandler-groves and holley for the 38 carb that straighten out some info for me.

Is it worth the price? It's up to you. To me it has a lot of great info that I have not seen and it's all in one/two books. To others, maybe not. Remember its about the flathead, not car specific, so only changes to the engine are covered, not about tail lights or etc. Full section on for stamping and serials through 53.

As far as the flathead its pretty darn good. More info then most (I'm not sure a could say there is another book with collected material on factory info other then collecting ford old bulletins, even then) and a lot of printed material and old ford documents.

If your looking for a lot of info on later fords only you might not like it (buy a book available about just your yr from the same people). If you are interested in the flatheads in general and the journey, its a decent buy. Lots of great stuff. It's a ground up motor detailed publication. The 32 flathead as a base and all changes made.

I'd probably pay more for a hard bound book if it happens. But all in all I've payed more overtime to collect a bunch of info and still learned some things.

Last edited by Tinker; 08-24-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)