Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-17-2022, 11:10 PM   #41
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: ‘32 a400

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce_roadster View Post
Dick, If you go to my albums, there is one of the 33 with a few pictures, a couple are on the ferry. With that original top, 20 years ago I told the previous owner that would never make it to Bend Oregon from Seattle. Well, he and I drove it to Bend, and back to Seattle and the top is still there. I drove it from Seattle to my place here in Shelton on the freeway, no problems.

Ah YES! What a sweet ol' Ford. And I certainly understand why the car show folks run past the shiny cars to check-out this gennie old example with the requisite 'patina'. For those wanting to see a couple more pics of "Mike's '33 phaeton, click the link BELOW! Great car, Mike! DD

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3473

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:57 AM   #42
uncle buck

Quote:
I am having a lot of fun with it like it is.
Mike, I would have to say that is the same attitude Bill had every time he drove it also. I sure miss that guy .....
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-18-2022, 11:29 AM   #43
RB

So near the drink, I without a second thought would have that rope on the rail securely tied to the rear suspension .
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:45 AM   #44
deuce_roadster

Yeah Uncle Buck, he was my best friend for 41 years. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. The 32 5w I painted for him in the 1970s is now on the road when not sitting in my garage. It was going to be his only "hotrod" since the body had been one back in the 50s. Of course, he had other things to work on and never did anything with it after I painted it. Before he passed away I told him if I could get that project from him I would finish it up like he was going to do. We discussed it and he said he was going to run it a few years fenderless and then put fenders and running boards and bumpers on it. I promised him that would be what happens. I need to update pictures of that car as I have the interior all done now. That 5w album and the 33 need newer pictures. One thing at a time! (now working on my brand X cars) Hope to see you at a swap meet when they start up again, maybe at Portland.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:57 AM   #45
uncle buck

Quote:
Yeah Uncle Buck, he was my best friend for 41 years. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. The 32 5w I painted for him in the 1970s is now on the road when not sitting in my garage. It was going to be his only "hotrod" since the body had been one back in the 50s. Of course, he had other things to work on and never did anything with it after I painted it. Before he passed away I told him if I could get that project from him I would finish it up like he was going to do. We discussed it and he said he was going to run it a few years fenderless and then put fenders and running boards and bumpers on it. I promised him that would be what happens. I need to update pictures of that car as I have the interior all done now. That 5w album and the 33 need newer pictures. One thing at a time! (now working on my brand X cars) Hope to see you at a swap meet when they start up again, maybe at Portland.
I remember looking at the 5w when Bill H and I picked up the 32 phaeton from him. It was up on jack stands in the rear and I thought he was taking it apart because it was a hot rod. Several years later I had to look twice when he drove it up to Clearview/Snohomish. It had that barn find look at first and then I started noticing everything underneath it had been freshened up. My first thought was all those Swindler Poker Runs riding with Carl in his 5w must have rubbed off on him. lol. I think he said it was going to be his one and only hot rod. Hopefully Portland does happen this year, but I keep hearing conflicting answers on that. Although it's a long drive for us, the big Turlock swap is still scheduled to go on and there is suppose to be a swapmeet at Pacific Raceways the beginning of next month from what Bruce told me.
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote