Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
cosmo

Default Clutch issues- Help!!

My 50 flathead V-8 3 speed no overdrive car last year started making a racket when I pushed in the clutch. I had replaced pressure plate, clutch, and throwout bearing a few years back and had not drove the car alot of miles. It got to the point that I had to shut off the engine to get it in gear. A few weeks ago, I pulled the tranny and replaced the pressure plate, clutch and throwout bearing again. The pressure plate forks had uneven wear on each of the 3 forks for some reason and the throwout bearing seemed to be bad. Yesterday, I drove the car all around town to test and everything seemed good. Today I take it on a road trip, about 50 miles one way. Starts out really good. When I get back to my town,(now 100 miles) the same thing starts happening. Racket-squeeling when I push the clutch in, won't go into gear unless I stop and shut the engine off. Everything was hot at the time (temp gauge was at 205 at the time when things went wrong) Even when everything cooled off, it still won't go into gear. Adjustment of the clutch petal appears to be in spec's. What the heck am I doing wrong!!?? Thanks for any help, Dave
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote