Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
Richard Lorenz

Default Rejected Posts

I have written 2 rather long posts that were both rejected before I could send them. The message from Ford Barn was something like "you are not allowed to make posts on Ford Barn".

Were they too long (too many lines), or took did I take up too much time to write them?

I have never had a problem with short posts being accepted. Thanks for your replies. Richard Lorenz
Richard Lorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
Juggler

Default Re: Rejected Posts

My Dad had a similar problem - basically he was getting timed out as the system couldn't/wouldn't wait for his one finger typing

Suggest you compose your longer posts elsewhere (as a draft email perhaps) then cut and paste them here

Works for Dear Old Dad

Cheers

Juggs
Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

I've had the same problem. No doubt the creator of the site didn't grow up in a one room school house on some lonely prairie somewhere but rather scored A+ in typing class in New York City where speeding typing was a requirement to graduate.

Do as Juggler suggested.............it's the only way old farts can master the art of a complete explanation to their fellow Barners where slow movement speed and memory loss are as common as changing their Depends.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
Y-Blockhead

Richard, I use MS Word to write my posts than copy and paste here or other sights. I have lost to many posts due to the same problem you experienced or by my own hand (yes, I can make mistakes ), usually when I am posting more than on picture (I can only bring over one picture at a time from Flickr).
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
Terry, NJ

Chances are that you signed a little differently and the "Barn" didn't recognize you. I have a password remember feature that I use, but I have to sign under the same heading each time. Sign in under a different heading (even though it's still FB) and it doesn't recognize me and won't let me post.
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
Charlie Stephens

I usually type my long posts in Microsoft Word. Having said that I would suggest that just before you submit you copy your post (on my MAC it is "command" and "C", On my PC it is "CNTL" and "C"). If something goes wrong then you can paste it back into another response (on my MAC it is "Command" and "V", on my PC it is "CNTL" and "V").

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 02-03-2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Corrected error in command for paste
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #7
Purdy Swoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry, NJ View Post
Chances are that you signed a little differently and the "Barn" didn't recognize you. I have a password remember feature that I use, but I have to sign under the same heading each time. Sign in under a different heading (even though it's still FB) and it doesn't recognize me and won't let me post.
Terry
I agree . If it had anything to do with slow typing or pictures, all of my posts would be rejected .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
Russell in Tulsa

Several weeks ago I came across two obscure listings for Model A's for sale, not on this site.

I worked about a half hour gathering the links and getting into a post I could show you guys here and made the mistake of the title, I guess.

I think it said "Model A's For Sale" Well the post didn't post or was removed quickly as I never saw it.

Figured a better choice of a Title wouldn't have caused it to go to never-neverland.

What a let down.
Russell in Tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #9
Mitch//pa
BANNED

I try to keep my posts short and to the point so that never happened to me
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #10
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
I try to keep my posts short and to the point so that never happened to me

To make a long story short, Mitch is a man of few words!!!!!!!!! I don't come up short.....anywhere!!!!

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #11
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens View Post
you can paste it back into another response (on my MAC it is "Command" and "C").

Charlie Stephens
Charlie, should be Command "V" to paste. Another case of "Fat Finger Syndrome"...
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #12
Charlie Stephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
Charlie, should be Command "V" to paste. Another case of "Fat Finger Syndrome"...
You got me on that one. I went back and changed my original post. It must have been "Fat Finger Syndrome", I don't think I can blame that on the "auto correct".

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #13
hardtimes

Hey Richard,
Used to have this problem for some time. Then found the 'remember me' aspect of posting. Seems that my one finger posts were 'timed out' back when.
Now, I still am slow/old, but can go make my peanut butter sandwich/whatever and still come back (if I remember..ha) and finish and post ! Go figure.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #14
mshmodela

Yeah good idea to use a word processor and 100,000,000 folks who did not pay the Microsoft Tax cannot be wrong: http://www.OpenOffice.org. Free is a price everyone likes!

Late 31' Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Daisy

I don't work on cars --I'm learning about my Model A.

Cleveland, Ohio
mshmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:34 AM   #15
RUNNERBUN

If your problem persists you can try posting smaller (part) threads and then add the balance via the edit post feature.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #16
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lorenz View Post
I have written 2 rather long posts that were both rejected before I could send them. The message from Ford Barn was something like "you are not allowed to make posts on Ford Barn".

Were they too long (too many lines), or took did I take up too much time to write them?

I have never had a problem with short posts being accepted. Thanks for your replies. Richard Lorenz
This annoys the heck out of me too! It seems if I blink, I'm thrown out of the site. Being thrown out just makes me feel like I'm at home!!!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #17
5window

Or, you could just write to Ryan and ask him to help you understand your particular problem-chances are there's more than one issue y'all are having. Wouldn't actual,factual information be better than a group complaining session? i was going to write group "something else" session, but I am now much more politically correct in addition to being right most of the time.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote