Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #41
jeremyjames

Default Re: Has any one had issues with Bradley Floor pans company ?

Guys I'm the "NASCAR guy" that does the final welding on the 35-36 pans. my year has been absolutely insane and I've had very little time outside of work to work on anything. Paul is a stand up guy and his pans are extremely detailed and are very time consuming to make. He does not "stamp" these pans out, he puts each bead and indention in each pan one at a time.
If you can stand to wait for one of his pans I promise you will not be disappointed.

So sorry for the hold up on the 35-36 pans
jeremyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #42
Dave D

And how long do you wait? I waited three years until he took my credit card and then another 10-11 months after he charged my credit card and STILL got nothing.

His pans my be nice but I wouldn't buy one unless I was standing in his shop with the pans in the back of my truck.
Dave D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #43
vette5862

These floor pans look very good,anyone used one,any idea if they ship to England ?
vette5862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #44
vette5862

Talking Re: Has any one had issues with Bradley Floor pans company ?

I mean the Waddintons floor pans !!!
vette5862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #45
Fe26

Refer to posts #27 & 40. Contacting Waddingtons through their website should get you the info you need.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #46
donQ

I ordered floor pans for my 40. He had none in stock and his facility was set up to make 34s (I think). It took awhile to get the floor pans since the 40 pans were later in the rotation, but I received the parts and I was happy with them. He was always polite and I'd do business with him again .
donQ
donQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #47
charles in east texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I had found a company via the Internet Called Bradley Floor Pans in North Carolina. A little over a month ago I called and ordered floor pan parts for our 34 cabriolet project. Talked with Paul he was very nice and knowledgable. He had the parts in stock and charged my credit card the next day. The price was reasonable. After two weeks and no parts I called back he was not available but would call me back. He did that afternoon, said his shipping guy had been off, but the would ship that week ( that call was a Tuesday). Ok. Two more weeks have now passed still no parts called back told the lady that answered the phone my plight said she would have him call me back. Now no parts and no call back. Very frustrating. I don't know if any one else is reproducing these parts.

Have had similar problems with Howell Sheet Metal in the past. Are all the sheet metal repo guys flakey?
That is the exact same lie he told me 2 years ago.
charles in east texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #48
Uptown83

Anyone actually bought floors recently? How quick did you get them?
Uptown83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #49
Beltfed

I've had mine on order for 3-1/2 years. Paid him for pans plus shipping at time of order. His contact line is useless, nice lady but no return call. Has any one attempted legal action?
I can drive to his shop in one day but if he doesn't have the pans to hand to me, what do I do? His promises are vapor!
Beltfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #50
rotorwrench

I think he has been selling to some of the restoration parts vendors so he likely doesn't take any care at all about regular customers any more. If I were in your shoes, I'd politely request the money back. You may have to state to him that he will see you in small claims court if he doesn't respond since you are in a better position to do that due to your closer proximity to him. Just make sure you have credit card receipts or what have you. When you get face to face with someone, they have a tendency to produce something (maybe not what you want) as long as violence or threats of same are not in the equation.

It this point, you will need to start putting the feelers out for good used parts or at least something you can live with to complete your project. No one needs the kind of aggravation that a guy like Paul can inflict upon folks. I would never do business with him but I also have the where with all to fabricate my own parts if need be.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-05-2017 at 11:20 AM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #51
Bolts

Just my two cents. Had the same experience, got the same stories from Paul but he DID deliver a good part in a few weeks.
I think you will find that it is illegal for a business to make a charge against your credit card until they ship the item you bought. Might let Paul know and see if that gets him going.
Hard to understand the guy, but you either wait or demand a refund.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #52
40cpe

After 3.5 years and no parts it would be hard for me to expect any, ever. He has long since counted that money as his. Anybody placing an order with this joker is a true optimist.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:41 AM   #53
oldandtired

I have known Paul Bradley for a few decades. I have been to his place in Charlotte several times and we have gone out to lunch together at thee Mexican food place next to his business...guess it's still there. I go by and see him at the motor speedway the years I go. It is difficult sometimes to get past the lady who answers the phone. I called several times with no complaints about products or orders, I was going to be in town and wanted to take him to lunch and just gab. I never got through.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote