Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Old Henry

Default Pets and Flatheads

Let's see your beloved pets with your flatheads. (Gotta show the flatheads or this thread might be deleted.)

Here's my Chihuahua, Pepe, imported from Chihuahua, Mexico.

On the package shelf during Route 66 trip.

In a parade

In our first car show
Old 04-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Brendan

Default Re: Pets and Flatheads

dose he speak English? LOL

i can't spell my way out of a paper bag!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Lawson Cox

Seeing him on the package shelf reminded me that I always rode on the package shelf when I was a kid because there wasn't really all that much room in a car with our large family of 8 children, plus Mom & Dad. LOL Those were the days.
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
TJ

I'm not good at posting pictures, but our little Jack Russell goes everywhere with us. She's been twice to Auburn, once to Branson and been to every Western National meet since 2001. She's like a credit card, we don't leave home without her.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
dose he speak English? LOL
Not much. He sure doesn't know the meaning of "come" or "here." All he really knows is "goinout."
Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
Seeing him on the package shelf reminded me that I always rode on the package shelf when I was a kid because there wasn't really all that much room in a car with our large family of 8 children, plus Mom & Dad. LOL Those were the days.
Funny you should say that since the package shelf in the picture that Pepe's sleeping on it is thee very package shelf I rode on as a kid. Dad bought "Old Henry" for $100 when I was 7 years old.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #7
JM 35 Sedan

I need to go through my picture files and see what i can come up with. My cat will always get into my vehicles and fall asleep on the seats. She loves to hang out with me when I'm working on my vehicles but can't seem to stay awake too long
I believe, as best I can remember, I rode in a package tray a few times myself. Now with the laws today, my grandkids must be all strapped into their little seats in such a way that riding in a package tray would be totally out of the question. Oh these times they are a changing

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #8
sturgis 39

I wondered what happen to the tread called "Barn Dogs". I was going to post some pictures of Jasper. I could not find it on the Barn. I went Hamb and could not find it. I thought I might have been having a vivid dream. Jasper is my avatar. He rides in the front seat in the 39 and sleeps all of the time. He must smell something when we get about 100 feet from the driveway because he sits up. He likes to give me a big neck licks when I am laying on the garage floor. He moans, groans and snores like an old man. He has lost about 30 pounds and now weighs about 190. We took him to Colorado State University because we thought he needed hip surgery. They evaluated him for a day. They reduced his seizure medication and said he needed to lose 30 pounds. They sure have good bed side manors at C.S.U. Dr Goo was the vet and she still calls to see how Jasper is doing the local vet calls her too. Jasper is 9.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 AM   #9
danliveshere

My border collie in my avatar "MAX". He seems to know what a camera is and will wait till I'm done before he moves. He's a very clever dog, and goes everywhere with me.
danliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
Uncle Bob

All together now...............Yo quiero flathead ford!

Prof, I would have thought you'd have a beagle....................a "legal beagle" so to speak.....
Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
All together now...............Yo quiero flathead ford!

Prof, I would have thought you'd have a beagle....................a "legal beagle" so to speak.....
I would probably prefer an eagle - i.e. "legal eagle."
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
TonyM

I want to post on this Old Henry Thread since the mods killed my Ford Barn Dog Thread. I don't yet have a photo of my dogs with my Ford. That will have to change. My dogs love Early V-8 Fords.

TM
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgis 39 View Post
I wondered what happen to the tread called "Barn Dogs". I was going to post some pictures of Jasper. I could not find it on the Barn. .
Sturgis,

The Ford Barn Mods killed the thread. That is why you can't find it. No explanation, no nothing.

TM

Last edited by TonyM; 04-27-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
TonyM

This is Timmy, my youngest of our three dogs (all pitt mix). He was born approximately 2 Jan 2011. He now weighs 75lbs. Last night I took him to the garage where I work on my 1937 Ford. It was a little too hot for Timmy so we broke off early.

Here he is asking when we can go home.

TM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6458.jpg (44.9 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by TonyM; 08-04-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
hardtimes

It this pic thingy works, youse will be privileded to meet 'miss piggy' (aka..BELLA). She's older(dog years) than most cars shown on this site! She is overseeing that a youngster gets '36 ford brakes broke down properly. Oh yeah, she also eats any flies that bother me and/or her!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1999.jpg (51.5 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by hardtimes; 08-04-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: caveat: disregard pic date, piggy is camera challenged..she ate instructions!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
peewee2you

Old Henry, once again thanks for the post, listen Pepe is part of the whole mix, he's one of the main reasons your traveling experiences and stories are so great, half the time he has that expression on his face? Not again, will he ever stop.... picture after picture, what's he doing making a movie, he's no director, I didn't even want to go on this trip, but if I don't there will be nobody home to feed me or fluff my pillows..
peewee2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee2you View Post
Old Henry, once again thanks for the post, listen Pepe is part of the whole mix, he's one of the main reasons your traveling experiences and stories are so great, half the time he has that expression on his face? Not again, will he ever stop.... picture after picture, what's he doing making a movie, he's no director, I didn't even want to go on this trip, but if I don't there will be nobody home to feed me or fluff my pillows..
I'm sure that there were at least some of my 10 kids that felt the same way about all the road trips I took them on and all the pictures they had to pose for. But alas, those days are gone and now it's the 25 grandkids that get the experience.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
Shadetree

My wife and I are both dog lovers. Our last two dogs were Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. Cub was the first and the smartest animal I have ever seen. I could teach him something and he would never forget it. He died at the age of 13. We had his son Bo until he was 14. They become one of the family and it is a great loss when they pass on. After we lost Bo about three years ago we swore we would not have another dog. Well guess what? I just mailed a check this morning for the deposit on another Chessie puppy. Jokingly I told my wife the chances are good he will outlive us, she saw no humor in that...

Then I saw this thread!

Cub

Bo
Old 08-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
funrunr

click on pic to see the reflection of him in the paint. Unfortunately he died of cancer just 15 days after this pic was taken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg porter in the paint.jpg (45.4 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg tn.jpg (73.8 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg securedownload[1].jpg (20.1 KB, 86 views)
Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
Pete

Bo, my parts chaser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bo in truck.jpg (48.2 KB, 141 views)
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote