Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-24-2021, 10:25 PM   #41
todd3131

Default Re: Fading Interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfordlover2007 View Post
A 67 fastback for a first car How are you still alive
I would have killed myself in a 67 7 times over
Actually my first car that I drove on the street was a 64 and a half mustang coupe. One night after work I took a coworker home and it was just 5 30 on a january night I was coming up to a four lane street and the road glazed over and I slid out into the street and when hit by one car and swung around and was hit by a second. Obviously totaled it. My father was quite pleased with me. I had the 67 at the time and was in the process of making it a nice car but I really didn't get to drive it a lot before I was forced to sell it after I was in another accident in a 72 opel gt that i had just finished again my father was pleased with me, he made me sell the mustang to pay for the opel and buy a 72 cutlass to drive to college. I think he was more than fair with me and he got his pay back with one of my son's. In retrospect his anger was not about the cars but he was scared to lose a child which we all understand. Funny story about him he was 96 and in hospice and I asked him if he ever quit worrying about his children and his reply was "hopefully soon" . Sorry for the long ramble.
todd3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:47 PM   #42
Youngfordlover2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
what city and province do you live in?
Don't wanna to exactly say my exact location but i live in bc
Youngfordlover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:48 PM   #43
Youngfordlover2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd3131 View Post
Actually my first car that I drove on the street was a 64 and a half mustang coupe. One night after work I took a coworker home and it was just 5 30 on a january night I was coming up to a four lane street and the road glazed over and I slid out into the street and when hit by one car and swung around and was hit by a second. Obviously totaled it. My father was quite pleased with me. I had the 67 at the time and was in the process of making it a nice car but I really didn't get to drive it a lot before I was forced to sell it after I was in another accident in a 72 opel gt that i had just finished again my father was pleased with me, he made me sell the mustang to pay for the opel and buy a 72 cutlass to drive to college. I think he was more than fair with me and he got his pay back with one of my son's. In retrospect his anger was not about the cars but he was scared to lose a child which we all understand. Funny story about him he was 96 and in hospice and I asked him if he ever quit worrying about his children and his reply was "hopefully soon" . Sorry for the long ramble.
Nice Story!
Youngfordlover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:55 PM   #44
paboot

Like “McMimmcs” asked, where do you live? I’m in Vancouver BC. Lots of guys in our club to help if you are close.
paboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:58 PM   #45
paboot

Sorry a little slow tonight with my typing. I live in Aldergrove, if you are close pm me. PaulB
paboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #46
McMimmcs

Did you private message Paboot. He made you a very generous offer!
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote