Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #1
Mart

Default At last! The long awaited first drive! Mart's 32 Ford Sedan hits the UK roads!

Yup! The title says it all.
I bought the 32 Sedan over 10 years ago and only recently (almost accidentally) started working on getting it running and driving. It was my retirement/lockdown keep myself busy project. I concentrated on just the bare essentials and as a result I have 32 Ford Hot Rod that is the essence of simplicity.
Thanks to Geoff for helping, and to Trevor and Tim for the extra video footage.
But mostly thanks to you, the people that have doggedly viewed my videos and always responded with words of encouragement.
Cheers!
https://youtu.be/kQD-lW1uwxk
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:56 AM   #2
Brendan

Default Re: At last! The long awaited first drive! Mart's 32 Ford Sedan hits the UK roads!

Thank you Mart for letting us come into your Garage and letting us watch! i looked forward to each vid!

i can't spell my way out of a paper bag!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #3
tubman

Default Re: At last! The long awaited first drive! Mart's 32 Ford Sedan hits the UK roads!

Thanks for taking us on that great ride, Mart. I had always thought that I would have a real problem driving on the "wrong side" if I ever went to England. After watching your video, it seems the real problem would be (for me at least) how cramped the streets are. And just getting from your garage into the street would be a "white-knuckler" for me every time.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
Bored&Stroked

Great accomplishment and video . . . thanks for sharing Mart!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:34 AM   #5
KenBolton

Is it missing a fan?
KenBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:07 PM   #6
Mart

It has a slimline electric fan, Ken. It just fits between the radiator and grille shell.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:28 PM   #7
flatford8

Great job Mart!!....thanks for the ride !!......next time can we stop for a beer ???........or ice cream !?!?.......the car looks GREAT going down the road!!.......Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:41 PM   #8
VeryTangled

Well done Mart. It's always fun to be along on your adventures, in our out of the shop!

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:47 PM   #9
Tinker

good music in the front of the video. Nice one.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 06:25 AM   #10
bob from red oak

Congratulations, That is a thrill like no other. You have to experience it to really appreciate it,
bob from red oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #11
mfirth

Oh what fun it is to ride in Mart's 32 today !!! GR8 !!! Good on you Mart.
mfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:26 AM   #12
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

I enjoyed very much. There no way I could drive over there. Thank you very much and please do again making films for us to watch. Is the other Ford a 33 or 34? I may watch again to enjoy.My 32 is still in the garage coming along very slow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4CDA76EC-16DB-4F93-AD8C-06FF5820A86C_1_105_c.jpeg (90.5 KB, 25 views)
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:44 AM   #13
Bill OH

Great ride and I have driven on the UK roads - new experience. Your 32 was more complete than mine on the first ride. My instruments were suspended with coat hanger wire, used vise grips for a steering wheel, 5 gal pail turned bottom up for a seat, transverse angle iron made from bed rail for a back rest, no wind shield (glasses came in handy) and traveled about 35 mph. Car was registered and insured. All of that gave me the determination to finish the car. Obtained fresh wood grained dash, upholstery covered seats, fresh covered steering wheel and windshield glass installed. And later had top installed and my son and bride used it for the get away car! Enjoy your 32!!!
Bill OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:18 AM   #14
V8COOPMAN

Yo, Mart .....I'm loving this old sedan. But this particular video is over the top. Your personality just makes YOU the perfect bloke for a series like this. Man, some of those streets sure are narrow. And how about that crazy imbecile in the white van. I thought your wonderful little sedan was about to get the ultimate rear-end-ful .....WHEW! Just a great video, Mart. Keep 'em comin'! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #15
PeteVS

Mart: In the video, I see you close the hood top and then reach under it to some unseen device to fasten it down. Do you have a picture of said device? Thanks!
Old 08-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #16
Mart

Pete, there are little brackets attached to the firewall and grille and I attach a small spring to each.
You can see them in this video, the finished items are at around the 20 minute mark.
https://youtu.be/uB-66NHTN9I
Attached Images
File Type: jpg springhood01.jpg (38.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg springhood02.jpg (30.6 KB, 11 views)