Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #21
theHIGHLANDER

Default Re: barn find

Yeah, pics or it didn't happen!!

Did you pay too much? What does this tell you?

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111025

In spite of the date where I mentioned pending it was basically gone in about 18hrs from post to sold. I was a day late posting the sale and had to stop the calls. You done good...
theHIGHLANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #22
Ed in Maine

Default Re: barn find

Hello Melisa, you have an exciting, long project ahead of you. The key here is not to become depressed over the amount of work to be done. Every day do something to keep the project moving.

One of the challenges you face is knowing what you have and what you will need. I used a Microsoft Works data base program that I typed in the Ford part numbers, quantities, description of condition and most importantly if the part is "on hand" or not. You are going to find that as time passes on, you cannot remember if you purchased the part or not. This data base program can also print a report that will list the parts that you need so that the you can print a list just before you walk out the door to the next car show/flea market. Also enter into the program the price of each part you buy so that when you are done, you know what you have in the car. I've used this software on a 1932 coupe and 1931 Cabriolet restorations.

One last bit of advice. Make sure that you put all those little boxes, cans and jars of parts inside your car. Be sure to look around the barn for things that go to your car. Don't have those nagging questions later that you missed something. When I brought home my 1932, I put a lot of small stuff inside the body of the car and I suspect some of it fell out. I was young and stupid!!!

Keep us posted on your progress, Ed
Ed in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)