Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #41
Lawson Cox

Unhappy Re: I know this is more a restoration site ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatheadTed View Post
[
OK I wont post any more ,(Like the kiwi car that won best Roadster at the Good guys) .All i see is beautifully Ford body's personalized,I did post some some years back when Shelly ran the site ,No problems ,people were just happy to see them . There is a following of American culture probably more down here than any country ,(Brizos comming down for 32 day ) there are lots desert cars coming here that other wise would never see the pavement ,a lot of money spent in the US for parts .I am more into res-to stuff than hot rods more like Vic ,Bud and others ,so i not suggesting we change this site ,As the traffic gets more crazy maybe we need the cars to be safer more reliable .So how about the Reso guys step up and post photos of there shows ,details of there builds etc .Ted

QUOTE=Shade tree;511992]Ted,
Love the cars and pictures! I am always amazed too that the American cars have such a following in other countries. I sold a dual crab set up for a flathead on eBay some time ago and a German wanted it so bad.

Too, thanks to you a lot of us have better, safer mechanical brakes on our old Fords...

Bud Reynolds
[/QUOTE]

I am amazed that so many foreign cars have such a following here. Sort of galls my gizzard. Buy American. But I hate to admit it that American made stuff is getting harder and harder to find. Sad.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote