Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
TobbyT

Default Cracked Block

I’m not one for making recommendations but I may start. Long story short, I bought a 1950 Ford F-3 with no history. I got it home and found the block was crack and pumping water from #3 cylinder. I mean a lot of water. I got it running but only with no water in the block.

I bought a bottle of K&W Head Gasket and Block Repair to see if it could get the truck running enough for me to see what I had. I put about 2 gallons of water in the radiator and stated the motor up. It was running rough. Once we got it running we poured K&W Head Gasket and Block Repair in the radiator and filled it up the rest of the way with water. It was really run rough now. It was blowing water out of the tail pipe and the right water pump was leaking badly. After running for 15 minutes the water pump stopped leaking. After 20 minutes it was only blowing steam out of the tail pipe. After 45 minutes she was running good with no steam or smoke. We shut it down and let it sit overnight. The next afternoon I fired her up and she ran perfect. It’s been 2 weeks now and still running strong. I have to say the stuff has worked enough for me to get a feel for what I have.
1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe ('50's Race Car)
1988 Ford F150 Lariat
2009 Ford F150 XLT
TobbyT is offline   Reply With Quote