Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Tom Endy

Default shift levers

Can someone please refresh my memory. Which shift lever is bent at the extreme angle, 28-29 or 30-31?

Tom Endy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shiftleversr.jpg (22.0 KB, 118 views)
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
criswellnk

Default Re: shift levers

The 30-31 has the more "extreme" bend (pg.6-7 J.S.).

Looking for a copy or reprint of 1932 A.E.A. Universal Catalog of Genuine Electrical Service Parts
criswellnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
bobpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgarage View Post
Well, if you had bothered to read the text on my web site where the pic was taken from, you would know. That's a problem with copying pictures; you don't learn much that way.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but is that an answer....? LOL...
bobpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
ford1

LOL Bobpo, kind of snotty huh? all he had to do was answer the question, no other comments needed
ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
bobpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford1 View Post
LOL Bobpo, kind of snotty huh? all he had to do was answer the question, no other comments needed
Oh Well........
Old 02-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
Farrell In Vancouver

Quote:
Well, if you had bothered to read the text on my web site where the pic was taken from, you would know. That's a problem with copying pictures; you don't learn much that way.

My 12 year old daughter tells me, that is what's known as a B-tch slap!
OUCH!
Farrell In Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
CRguy

Quote:
I agree, copying text or pictures off someone's web site, especially without premission or giving credit is very poor form, and often illegal. Information off my antique tool website has been copied into Ebay descriptions.

Mel
CRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
Rowdy
BANNED

I thought that pic looked familure. Rod
Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #9
Marco Tahtaras

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpo View Post

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is that an answer....? LOL...
The point was quite clear. The answer is still available on his web site where the photo was "borrowed" from. The link to his web site was also included in the post.

Those few folks that invest hundreds or even thousands of hours over time to gather parts and take photos as well as add written descriptions and put it out there to help others ALL FOR FREE have a right to appear "snotty" when information is "borrowed" without due credit.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #10
RockHillWill

Amen! I agree!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
2manycars

Well said, Marco. I had to take down all my restoration photos from my web site when I found my band width was over the limit due to the large number of photos that were being linked to from other web sites. It's bad enough when people steal your photos, but linking to them costs the owner of the photos money when the traffic exceeds the limit.
Good answer, Vince, people who do not have web sites do not understand the work and time and money involved in presenting them.
2manycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
kenparker

Marco has it right. and to add to that if people would READ more and do less looking at pictures and wanting others to GIVE them the answers they would learn a lot more. ken
kenparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
ford1

Marcos, you are always a gentleman in your posts, and i admire that, but this time i cant agree with your post, the man neithered borrowed or copied any thing, he ask a question and got a less than friendly reply, all the model a guys complain about the A's being rodded, well there is one example of why it happens, would you stay with a groupe that has less than friendly people posting things that are , i think ,that are rude? no that is not the way to get and keep people in this hobby, yes maybe he could have found the answer but he ask instead, from a forum who pride themselfs on helping people with questions, if he had, this post woundnt be as long as it is, you have no idea how embaressing it is to have your question answered like it was, Tom Endy has been on here a long time and at the least deserved a better answer than he got
ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
Rowdy
BANNED

http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/tran...hiftlevers.htm

Looks like the same pic to me. Rod
Old 02-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #15
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford1 View Post
Marcos, you are always a gentleman in your posts, and i admire that, but this time i cant agree with your post, the man neithered borrowed or copied any thing, he ask a question and got a less than friendly reply, all the model a guys complain about the A's being rodded, well there is one example of why it happens, would you stay with a groupe that has less than friendly people posting things that are , i think ,that are rude? no that is not the way to get and keep people in this hobby, yes maybe he could have found the answer but he ask instead, from a forum who pride themselfs on helping people with questions, if he had, this post woundnt be as long as it is, you have no idea how embaressing it is to have your question answered like it was, Tom Endy has been on here a long time and at the least deserved a better answer than he got
Tom really does not need your defense as he too is a gentleman, ...and giving the benefit of the doubt to Tom as to how he might have unknowingly obtained the picture, it still is copyrighted under Vince's seal. Therefore it really does not matter whether you feel he didn't copy or borrow. I recently used one of Vince's pictures to illustrate something here however I also gave full credit for the work he did to make that picture available. Maybe sometimes folks like Marco, Vince, Will, Tom W, and others need to be applauded a little more for their contributions & photos as it takes a great amount of effort.

As for folks being rude, evidently you have not been on other sister websites as the brutality for such the same would have found way more offensive words used against Tom's character and many more posters jumping onto the 'dogpile'!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
bobpo

HOLY COW, WISH I'D HAVE KEPT MY TRAP SHUT.....LOL
BTW, STILL HAVEN'T BENT MY SHIFTER THE WAY IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
Tom Endy

My apologies to everyone for committing such a heinous crime. I thought I was just asking a simple question.

As far as the photo is concerned I did not "steal" if off a web site. I believe it was posted here on fordbarn some while back. A fellow barner has advised me in a PM that it is not possible to download a photo from the web site in question as the owner has some kind of a lock on it to prevent downloading.

I don't have a web site, but I have about 35 detailed technical articles posted on my club's web site, www.ocmafc.com and I am one of "those few folks that invest hundreds or even thousands of hours over time to gather parts and take photos as well as add written descriptions and put it out there to help others ALL FOR FREE".

You can download any of my articles and photos and reprint them, post them, pass them around, or use them in any manner you see fit. They are all about the Model A Ford and are available to current and future generations of Model A Ford enthusiasts without any restrictions.

Tom Endy
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
bobpo

Brent, You are so right about the members of this site being Gentlemen. I have been on many sites (as have others) where respect has been lost to the age of Rudeness.

I really enjoy this site for that reason, along with the fact that there are so many "caring" members 'who really do' want to help even a newer fella like me.

Thanks to all again...............

now I'm going ot get off this particular subject as I seem to have started something I didn't intend to start....
Old 02-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpo View Post
Brent, You are so right about the members of this site being Gentlemen. I have been on many sites (as have others) where respect has been lost to the age of Rudeness.

I really enjoy this site for that reason, along with the fact that there are so many "caring" members 'who really do' want to help even a newer fella like me.

Thanks to all again...............

now I'm going ot get off this particular subject as I seem to have started something I didn't intend to start....
Hmm, 'started' something I thot that Tom Endy started this thread by asking a question..no?
Tom's response, i.e.- that he picked the pic from a posted fordbarn thread. This begs the question if anyone sees a posted pic Here on the barn, then copies it as Tom says that he did, is there a problem with that act?
As far as 'supporting anyone' or 'taking sides' in a conversation..IMO that is like throwing fuel on the flameing. What did (anyone) do to answer the original question...but change the subject/direction and polarizing original question? To assume that Tom did this or that is making an a** out of U Me and the original question. Who are you trying to impress by taking sides and NOT answer the original inquiry?
I appreciate the info that Vince gave regarding priveleged website info. I take two lessons away from this, i.e.- some website stuff is property of site owner; and a side taking pissing contest...well will always end as such
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
700rpm

Photos get circulated around the web without their original reference material. It's a little harsh to assume the image came from its primary source and take a guy to task for asking a simple question.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote