Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
angusfan

Default My '33 pickup project

Hello Barn,

I bought this truck a few years back and now Im starting to move it to the front of the project list. I'm in the process of selling other project and parts to fund this truck, so it may be slow going for awhile.

Im trying to figured out what I have and If its a good direction to head. Brakes, what Do i have and is there better versions for drums out there to start with?

I have a banger and a BB 4 speed. The bellhousing has a vin that I have a title to, so I would like to run the bellhousing for the time being.... I thinking that maybe a Flathead and a newer transmission would bolt up to the bellhousing, What Should I be looking for when it comes to a flathead and year for a 3 speed? I also heard that, the bellhousing would be good for a T5 swap, Can anyone explain the swap to me? I have read that you could still use the T5 without major fab work to the x-member.

I will be asking tons of questions and being doing alot of search surfing, so thank you all for a great site and the help that you provide.
angusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: My '33 pickup project

You said you have a bell housing with a serial number that matches the title. You state will probably want to see that the number on the frame matches the title. The number on the frame should be visible without removing anything on the top of the left frame rail near the steering box. If it was mine I would keep the "B" engine and add a 3 speed "B" transmission (maybe with later gears). Interesting that it still has what is referred to as "the heavy '32 axle". I have seen this before on a pickup and assumed they just used the extras on the pickups. By the way, what is your general location?

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 11-13-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
angusfan

Nebraska, and so far I haven't had issues when it has come to switching the title into my name.
angusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
kiwitony

You have 42 to 48 backing plates with the fixed shoe anchor pin. These are the best of the lockheed type.
kiwitony is offline   Reply With Quote