View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 10:52 AM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: valve tool needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskai View Post
Is that a personal endorsement, Brent? Cuz the reviews there are pretty bad.
I don't trust online reviews for anything!! Basically, most negative reviews are posted as a retaliation for that consumer's own ignorance.

The overall reviews give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars but I could not read all of them.

When I read some of the worst reviews on it, someone complained that it is stiff. My thoughts would be to add a little oil to each of the joints and correct the problem. What were their honest expectations for a tool at that price-point??

Next I see where someone gave it a 2 star rating yet "...had not used it yet since their heads were still at the machine shop." Seems more like their head attached to their shoulders is stuck up their ... for making that poor review at all!!

BTW, did you know the latest trend is for businesses to buy online positive reviews? One of the first to do this was a rating company called Angie's List. Now there are all kinds of companies offering services to give positive reviews for businesses. From what I have read, most of them are in 3rd world countries and charge about $5 per review. How I know this is I was recently approached by a company that will give my company 50 positive reviews at a random rate of 2 - 4 reviews a month (-I get to select the quantity). I can select reviews by only males, or all females, or a mix of both, ....and I can supply them with the verbiage I want each of those 50 reviews to say. I can also split the quantity of reviews between Google, Yelp, and Facebook. When I told the telemarketer that all of this is immoral and likely illegal, he said that most companies today find themselves doing this to protect their ratings from poor reviews posted by people hiding behind devices. He also said that my competitors are already doing this and I must do it also to protect my business reputation. What a sales pitch!! I politely said I wasn't interested but later got to thinking, ...that if a company can make bogus positive reviews for a company, they can also post bogus negative reviews for that company too just to 'blackmail' that biz into needing their services to counter. What a corrupt world we live in.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote