View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 11:55 AM   #29
jeepguy1948

Default Re: What Master Cylinder

Coop, yes in the end it is because I want to. I have plenty of rubber on the ground, I'm using '35 wires with the widest possible tires on them. Here is situation... I had planned on doing the brakes next winter but the existing mechanical brakes became extremely unsafe so I had to do something now. I simply don't have the cash for my ideal set up but I was able to buy the '40 style set up quite reasonably from a club member. I know of a man to is working on 4 wheel disc brakes that has a working prototype and is working on getting the rotors manufactured (Covid has set him back 2 years). When he has a system available I am going to go with that As far as I know the primary thing that makes it impossible to do the disc brake job is the 5 1/2" bolt pattern (I'm talking about the rear). I have worked out how I can get a 7" booster in the space. I am thankful that this conversation has gone in the direction it has I have learned a lot of great stuff and I wouldn't change it if I could. But... nobody caught what my real purpose of starting this thread was that I was asking for advice about what master cylinder to use in order to use a remote reservoir. I guess I did not frame my question well. I have since figured out how to avoid that so it no longer matters. I posted my question here on the V8 section because when I ask a "cuz I want to I get bombarded by "experts" telling me why "if it was good enough for the last 90 years it's the only way to do it". That's my story.
jeepguy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote