View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #6
Boxcar

Default Re: Info Request: 30-31 Sport Coupe

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
All

Appreciate the references but I failed to mention that this car currently has less than 10% of its sub-rails remaining and will not see those again. So the 'building' nature of the references you mention, while applicable to a traditional build. I am a small departure from that traditional build. I will apply all the mentioned fit and finish steps that you all have described as it advances from this very rough starting point. This will be a channeled car (over the frame) and next sub-rail assembly is the one I'll fab for it (in support of the channel). I just made a set of wheel wells for it and want to square up the back half before I weld in the new wells. The car is in two pieces at the moment...the cowl and the rear quarters. Need to stabilize the patient before surgery. Reaching out for these three thoroughly described measurement references.

1. Outside Lower b piller, tape pulled from the top of the subrails from right to left, outside.
2. Outside Upper b piller, tape pulled from the (center) of the large top beltline bead, outside (pictured above)
3. Outside Lowest corner, just forward of the rear wheel-well opening, outside (pictured above)

R/
Boxcar
Boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote