View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 11:50 AM   #12
Dave in MN

Default Re: Model A Day at Gilmore Cancelled!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
I am definitely OK with whatever decision is made on this, ...but with that said, we were discussing this the other day and so I would like to hear y'alls opinions on the following.

What needs to change before YOU personally would attend any type of event like this? In other words, let's assume they have not found a vaccine by this time next year for this virus. Let's say that the numbers are down a tad from what they are now but there are still new cases being reported, -and just as in the case of present day Pneumonia or strains of Influenza where we still see people succumb to those type of diseases, do you think we will ever feel comfortable enough to attend these type of events again?
Good question Brent.
My wife and I would not attend a large gathering of elderly folk, like ourselves, until a vaccine with a success rate of 80% reliability is developed and a minimum 50% of the population, including ourselves, have received the vaccine. Attending any large gathering without these criteria met, to me, is irresponsible.
Good Day!
Solitary Dave

Last edited by Dave in MN; 07-15-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote