Thread: My car
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
Kohnke Rebabbitting

Default Re: My car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I have been very hesitant to share photos of my car on this website for the fear that someone sitting behind their computer screen would try to hate on it just because it's not a points car; but then i realized--I don't care what people think of my car because after all, it's MY car. Anyways, this is my car Josephine.

Let me give you a little history, this 1930 town sedan was restored in 1977. In July 2010, my grandpa gave me this car because he knew how much I enjoyed it. I have been an active Model A're my whole life. I started going on Model A trips before the age of 1, and haven't stopped. I remember being a baby and riding in the rumble seat of my grandparent's coupe while grandpa sat with us to hold us in, and grandma drove. Every childhood memory seems to have a Model A in it. Last May, my grandma had a massive stroke leaving her paralyzed on her right side, removing a lot of her speech & erasing a lot of her memory. She has since recovered a little physically, can talk pretty well, and her memory is starting to get better. One thing she always remembers is the Model A's and how much she loves them. Every time I talk to her about it, a big smile comes to her face. On top of this, my grandpa passed away in October. So the Model A is basically the only part of them that I have left. This was one of their cars that they loved, and I'm glad to continue on in their legacy of the model a hobby.

More about the car:
-It has an Inserted motor from Rich in Skokie.
-Although it has a downdraft, if you look closely it's actually running an updraft. (soon being changed to a Weber)
-12 v system
-AC from Ken Davis
-Electronic Ignition from FS
-CB
-Custom trunk from a friend built to match my car
-LED tail lights
-6 blade fan
-Modern VT core radiator that is pressurized
-Look at my tires. They are size 550 BF Goodrich Silvertowns. They are wider & taller than average model a tires.
-Will be installing a 4 speed overdrive this weekend.
--side note. I placed two white magnets on the dash that I could write on like a dry erase board. I wrote instructions on how to start the car for family members who may not know how to properly start it, incase I'm not around.

Very, Very, clean up date, and nothing Original hurt. Jordan, I wish I had that one, and you had a better one. Happy Trailing this summer. Herm.
Kohnke Rebabbitting is offline   Reply With Quote