View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 03:25 AM   #14
BILL WILLIAMSON

Default Re: Firewall date code location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
Bill,

Look on my website under Additional Studies, then go to Letters, Numbers and Codes.

By the way...just how on earth can you have an "early" 1929 STD. COUPE? All "early" 1929's of this type were Special Coupes...were they not?

Pluck
Thanks Pluck, been searching the car and your website to no avail. Saw one indication that it might be INSIDE the seat riser. My car is not a "special" and it has the "d" nuts for a drum tail light BRACKET only on the L/H side and has never had cowl lights and it has a rumbleseat that looks original to the car. The hood shelves have the cut-away where the pass by the bumper brackets and it has the hooks on the top radiator tank to hold the hood open. Has the round raised area around the crank hole cover. It now has fender mounted tail lights. The car build was started in 1987, I have lots of pics, but no written history. Running board shields has the rear humps. The car doesn't look like it has any mis-fit or incorrect parts, has front mounted squeeze grip park brake. Engine number pad is rough, as though number is original, according to engine number, it is a June, '29 car. Rear fenders are surely NOS, perfect. Front fenders might have been NOS as their is only a small amount of body work done that could have been from storage damage. Bill W.

Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 12-22-2011 at 03:33 AM. Reason: add
BILL WILLIAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote