View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 09:01 AM   #253
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

David,
Thanks for the information on the foam seal around the pedals. also the light switch. Not sure how that worked with the tube and all. more learning on that later too.

Folks,
Next moves on the 32:
I have the four bolts/ castellated nuts with cotter pins to remove which I believe hold the flange of the rear transmission to the frame cross member. Then the shift cover comes off the top of the transmision and gets set aside, The U joint on the PTO is my concern, to make sure it comes apart. I took out a round point set screw that was wired in place, but it just doesn't seem like any thing loosened up in the U joint area. Will go slow and see if it separates when the tranny is loosened and pried forward a little. These U Joints had a leather cover over them. They also look pretty sad, and may need some work too?

Even though this turned out to be a non-running engine, I am still pretty happy I went through the brakes and the tire/ rim work. It can be rolled around at this point.

More friends stopping by to Ooogle on it also!

Working maple syrup and my grandsons WD tractor today also. Should be jam packed with excitement around here! As usual, have to rebuild the screw driver before I can get started on a project:
Nic's Allis WD on the left my WD45 on the right!

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 07-12-2021 at 09:07 AM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote