View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 04:08 PM   #33
rich b

Default Re: 36' rear tail pan repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford nut View Post
thanks! I wood (would) love to see it in place. is it plumb, is it tilted back? what does it rest against? is it screwed down? when you don't have one (me) you have no idea. i would've thought the top of it would have a radius to fit the outer skin of the body. the one you show has simple straight 90 degree cuts.
The piece sits against the rear lip of the trunk floor. It is held there by two small wood blocks (as seen in my previously posted picture) secured by screws from the bottom up in the holes I marked in the other picture.

The top edge rests against and is screwed onto the panel below the trunk opening; probably find the four screw holes once you know where to look.

I copied my panel from the picture that someone had posted here. The contours and fit around the center and drain hoses could probably be fancied up as compared to Ford's original; but as it is; it will keep stuff from falling down in that area.

I will be taking it out and painting flat black; but I also need to make one of the forward divider boards and then paint both pieces. My kid has one of the front boards to use as a pattern; just keep forgetting to grab it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4040014 (Medium).jpg (52.7 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg P4040011 (Medium).jpg (35.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg P4040003 (Medium).jpg (29.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg P4040004 (Medium).jpg (28.2 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg P4040001 (Medium).jpg (29.8 KB, 53 views)
rich b is offline   Reply With Quote