View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 06:25 PM   #1
nkaminar

Default Some people should not own a Model A

This post is not meant to be insulting to anyone, it is just something that I have observed. Some people who buy Model A’s are not qualified to repair or maintain them. I am the same way with my new Toyota Camry hybrid. I have not even opened the hood. I take it to the dealer for regular service and would do the same it I had a problem with it. I am sure most new Model A owners in 1928 were the same way. They took it to the dealer for service or if something was amiss.

The Ford dealer is no longer equipped to work on a Model A. The same with most automotive repair shops (there are exceptions). So the Model A owner becomes his own mechanic. Or, if they are lucky, they have a Model A mechanic in the local area and can afford to have them work on the car. Other lucky new Model A owners are capable of learning how to work on their cars. But I see owners who are not mechanically inclined and who are struggling. Our job is to try and help these people but in some cases it is difficult. In my opinion, there are some people, who because of circumstances, should not buy Model A’s.

How do others feel about this?
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.
nkaminar is offline   Reply With Quote